PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] [SOLVED] Tried booting from LiveCD, forzen just showing wallpaper

andresmh
January 4th, 2009, 01:22 PM
I'm wanted to just try 8.10 on an Athlon computer before actually installing it. I inserted the LiveCD, it showed the Ubuntu logo, it asked for the language, I selected the option that lets you try Ubuntu without installing it. It then showed the circular mouse pointer as if it was loading something but it was not moving. Then it just froze displaying the classic wallpaper, 3 mouse pointers scattered on the screen. Moving the mouse or pressing any key from the keyboard don't seem to do anything.

Pumalite
January 4th, 2009, 01:36 PM
Burn a new CD. Do md5sum on the iso, burn at 4x or less, check CD for integrity. Do not use CD-RW
You can also try:'Safe Graphics' first.

bodka
January 4th, 2009, 01:42 PM
I have a similar problem - I've tried to run Ubuntu from a LiveCD. It's starting to load and it freezes after 2 progress bars, so pretty much at the very beginning... I've installed ubuntu from this DVD on a different computer, ran Ubuntu from the very same LiveCD on it, the md5 sums are correct, but with this computer Ubuntu just doesn't want to load from LiveCD. Any ideas? Does it mean that there is some hardware incompatibility or something?

Pumalite
January 4th, 2009, 02:08 PM
Memory? Graphics?

andresmh
January 4th, 2009, 07:25 PM
Thanks. I tried one of the other graphic modes and it worked.