PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] to install nvidia driver

garrynigel
January 3rd, 2009, 09:52 PM
hi i have a nvidia geforce 7200 gs grafix card installed on my computer.. along .its a 256 mb grafix card with onboard support of 512 mb with pci express .. so i wanted to install d drivers andi went to the nvidia website http://www.suse.de/~sndirsch/nvidia-installer-HOWTO.html and dey gave me dis html to read.. now im wondering.. do i have to install the drivers or the drivers available by linux in the system>administartion>hardware drivers version 177 is enuf or not..
in dis document dey r tellin me to install using YaST.. i checked in d repository its not der...so i dunno wat to do please help

oldos2er
January 3rd, 2009, 10:02 PM
Use System, Administration, Hardware Drivers to enable the Nvidia drivers.

garrynigel
January 3rd, 2009, 10:06 PM
he dude dat thing was already in use.. before i put the grafix card....and .. its detected even in dat nvidia server settings..d grafix card is detected and i have already activated nvidia accelerated grafix drivers 177 .. latest ones dat der.. sow at do i do.. i mean is the grafix card already used or do i need to install more drivers

2hot6ft2
January 3rd, 2009, 10:14 PM
It's already installed and in use then there's nothing else to do except maybe set your screen resolution.
System>Preferences>Screen Resolution

DeMus
January 3rd, 2009, 10:51 PM
hi i have a nvidia geforce 7200 gs grafix card installed on my computer.. along .its a 256 mb grafix card with onboard support of 512 mb with pci express .. so i wanted to install d drivers andi went to the nvidia website http://www.suse.de/~sndirsch/nvidia-installer-HOWTO.html and dey gave me dis html to read.. now im wondering.. do i have to install the drivers or the drivers available by linux in the system>administartion>hardware drivers version 177 is enuf or not..
in dis document dey r tellin me to install using YaST.. i checked in d repository its not der...so i dunno wat to do please help

Why on earth do you go to a Suse.de site to install nVidia drivers in Ubuntu?
Open Synaptic Package Manager and search for EnvyNG. Install that program and run it. ( it shows up in your main menu Applications | System Tools.
It will download the latest nVidia driver and install it automatically.
All you have to do is reboot. It worked great for me and it's so simple.
Good luck with it.

DeMus