PDA

View Full Version : Something Sad...

kevin11951
January 3rd, 2009, 09:18 PM
Last night i had a dream that i became a moderator on this board, nothing else, fell asleep, became a mod, and woke up...

how sad is that? :(

Bölvağur
January 3rd, 2009, 09:50 PM
it is about 4.3 on richter scale

RiceMonster
January 3rd, 2009, 09:59 PM
I think you should take a break from this place...

kevin11951
January 3rd, 2009, 10:52 PM
I think you should take a break from this place...

but i did! a whole 5 minutes away for me to go make a sandwich, all i could think about was what was "should i post something about me dream?"

kevin11951
January 3rd, 2009, 10:54 PM
it is about 4.3 on richter scale

how bad is that? :(

Ruyuk
January 3rd, 2009, 10:56 PM
It's not sad but cool.

-grubby
January 3rd, 2009, 10:57 PM
I hate dreams where I gain something I want and then it gets taken away at the end .

gnomeuser
January 3rd, 2009, 11:00 PM
Back many years ago I was on one of the nicer Linux forums called Linuxjunior.org. At the time that place closed down I tallied up that I was good for about 17% of all posts ever made there.

Forums addiction is a nasty thing, I would advise you to add ubuntuforums.org to your disallowed URLs on the router for a minimum of 2 weeks. That helped me ease out of the constant need to check if anything interesting was going on and it did a world of good.

chris4585
January 4th, 2009, 01:38 AM
don't worry at least you're not IRC dreaming.... I've had a few of those, where you're dream is your monitor, you're talking on IRC and have full made up conversations with text...

when that happens, I think you should worry my friend

Tomosaur
January 4th, 2009, 04:19 PM
Can't say I've ever experienced a similar dream. Closest I've got is dreams about work (I'm a software engineer) - and even then it's mostly related to me getting to work late (too much time spent dreaming!).

sqrooup
January 4th, 2009, 04:51 PM
:-({|=

init1
January 4th, 2009, 06:25 PM
I hate dreams where I gain something I want and then it gets taken away at the end .
Yeah, I had a dream a few nights ago where I found all of these free computers. I was a bit disappointed when I woke up.

MikeTheC
January 4th, 2009, 08:34 PM
@ OP:

I think the determining factor on whether or not your dream was sad is what your view on being a mod is.

I've never been a mod on any public message board that I've joined, and generally I have enough going on IRL that I don't know when I'd have time to be one. Besides, this is all for fun, entertainment and personal development. Becoming a mod is like making it into a job.

If I'm going to have a job, then there needs to be a paycheck involved somewhere along the line.

RATM_Owns
January 4th, 2009, 08:42 PM
I'm always so close to world domination then... wake up. :(