PDA

View Full Version : Time 4 a revolution (+ history of linux usage!)

tomszyszko
January 3rd, 2009, 06:33 PM
I have been using Linux for 2 years now. My dad is a die hard unix fan cause he works for sun microsystems (solaris) and as a little kid got used to solaris unix systems. Then primary and secondary school made me use windows. My dad was forced to switch to linux as unixs hardware support for laptops was appauling. Its getting a little better with solaris 10 and the java desktop system, but network manager never works. I started using FC4, and dual booted windows. But that laptop caught fire on my lap while running Microsoft Autoroute in the car (thankyou Bill Gates) From then I have been a solid ubuntu user since Gates has left his scars on my legs. And now have become a bit of a ubuntu geek. My dual screen desktop still runs XP for gaming, as I can play all my windows games on my linux laptop, but Wine only lets me play with DX7 when I need 2 be at least DX8.1 to play league matches in CS:S (+ there are too many random crashes). This laptop has a 120 gb hdd, and I can finally use it without vista taking up 60 gb. Just need ATI to fix their drivers so i can watch videos with Compiz on, and for ubuntu to include the atheros driver in the kernel so I dont have to keep recompiling the driver every time I update in ubuntu 8.10 . (laptop: Asus X51RL) . At my school, the teachers said that the RM windows network was impenetrable. Sitting @ one terminal with Puppy linux on a 128mb usb key, I was able to access everyones files on the local samba server, bypass all the filters and use msn in class. People laugh as I preach linux, and they describe it as s*it (pardon my French!), even though they have never used it. Bill GAtes has brainwashed these people, and linux has only just started to increase in large numbers, because of brilliant projects like ubuntu. Thats 1 of the reasons that Microsoft realeased that stupid "im a pc" campaign. Its brainwash. We need a revolution!!!! The second that manufacturers realise that there is market behind linux, they will port their software and write drivers for their previously windows (and rarely mac) only hardware. Then people will migrate in their thousands, cause the main too reasons that people stay with windows is that they cant game and that their stuff wont work. The only problem with this is that linux will lose some of its security, as the hackers will target this new influx of users. We most not make the mistakes the MS did. WE MUST TAKE OVER

Thankyou for listening to the movie !!! :popcorn: Loooooool!!!!
ps A moment ago my keyboard mapping screwed up randomly for a minute then it returned?? this is after doing an update. This is one of the things I enjoy about linux, being able to discover and sort out problems yourself and with a real communty, not tech support by Gates blond bimbos down in MS land.

OUT!

cardinals_fan
January 3rd, 2009, 06:36 PM
A little tolerance never hurt anyone. Enjoy Linux and let others do as they please.

Newuser1111
January 3rd, 2009, 06:58 PM
But that laptop caught fire on my lap while running Microsoft Autoroute in the car (thankyou Bill Gates) From then I have been a solid ubuntu user since Gates has left his scars on my legs.That's not Mictosoft's problem. Most likely it was because of the company who made that laptop.

ithanium
January 3rd, 2009, 06:59 PM
great story, really enjoyed reading :)
I also want linux to rule the world lol :D