PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] HowTo see shared files in Nautilus?

Kellemora
January 3rd, 2009, 04:04 AM
Hi Gang

Thought I would word this a different way!

How does one go about being able to see Shares in Nautilus 7 days a week instead of just 3 or 4 days a week?????

The network and Samba both work fine!
I can ping ALL the machines!
I can run smbtree and ALL of the shares show up there.
I can also use Nautilus and select Go/Location and manually mount all the shares.

However, they only appear in Nautilus some of the time, not all of the time as they should.

In other words, I can go to Places/Network and ALL of my shares will show, usually for about 3 to 4 days, then they won't appear in Nautilus for a day or two. Then on the third day they are back again and are usable for like 3 or 4 days again.

Is there a SCHEDULE or something in Nautilus that turns OFF file sharing on certain days that I have not found to turn that feature off?

Today, Nautilus not working is only affecting one machine, my main one naturally, it's working fine on the other machines!
Well, until Monday that is, then it will shut off file sharing so nobody on the clock has to work to get paid and I'll have to work to midnight to get Mondays work done!

If anyone has ANY IDEA on HowTo make Nautilus work all the time, it would be Greatly Appreciated to learn how this is done!

TTUL
Gary