PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Can't remove dual-boot, even after /FixDbr

Mindrage
January 3rd, 2009, 03:52 AM
Hi, i recently downloaded the ubuntu 8.04 in the official site.
I burned it on a cd, installed it in windows vista, then when i tried to boot it, the screen went all nuts when i was inside Ubuntu, i tried to uninstall it at "program removing" in the controllpanel. When i pressed it, it showed it was booting the exe but later it never opened upp.. i tried several times with a waiting time of 5-20 min, still nothing...
Later i tried to go into the folder, it was not on C: it was on another partision called D: and i pressed uninstall there...
nothing happend... then i deleted the folder, then removed it from the program list,But it still shows up Ubuntu when i start it.
i read around in the internet, found that i was supposed to get a install cd and do some commands in the cmd to reset it.. that didn't work either.

I still want Ubuntu, but with a working screen ofc... :P
I dunno how to remove it, but i still want to install it again, but its a new computer, and i need to be a bit careful so i don't ruin it...
anybody who can help?
and sorry if i wrote with some awful english,It's kind of hard to make yourself easy to understand ^.^

Partyboi2
January 3rd, 2009, 08:38 AM
Have you tried using EasyBCD to remove the ubuntu entry?
http://www.windowsreference.com/windows-vista/easybcd-edit-boot-configuration-data-bcd-in-windows-vista/