PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] installing deb package problem

mike22
January 3rd, 2009, 03:19 AM
Hi, I'm trying to install a deb package on my computer. I get a message saying that only one software management tool is allowed to run. I don't have any software management tools running. Thanks.

Kosimo
January 3rd, 2009, 03:22 AM
Hi, I'm trying to install a deb package on my computer. I get a message saying that only one software management tool is allowed to run. I don't have any software management tools running. Thanks.

DO you have some terminal open?
If the problem persists, just try the easiest way which is restarting your computer.

2hot6ft2
January 3rd, 2009, 03:25 AM
Close synaptic, terminals, add/remove apps, and if the updater icon is showing on the top task bar wait for it to go away.

Only 1 installer can run at a time since the installer has to have a lock on the installation process.

albinootje
January 3rd, 2009, 03:26 AM
After you boot your machine the update-manager will check for new updates when you're online.
It's possible that that was the case.

mike22
January 3rd, 2009, 04:31 PM
Is there any p2p programs I can install from synaptic, or would I get the same message?

albinootje
January 3rd, 2009, 04:35 PM
Is there any p2p programs I can install from synaptic, or would I get the same message?

Try it.

If you get the same error, please post the output of :

lsof|grep apt