PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] [SOLVED] Konica minolta di1811p driver

MATUBA
January 2nd, 2009, 06:44 PM
HI! I'm trying to install the di1811p printer, but unfortunately there is no driver available for this printer. I would appreciate any help.
Thanks!!!:D

Kellemora
January 2nd, 2009, 10:44 PM
Hi Matuba

I'm not familiar with that particular printer, although I use mostly Konica/Minota laser printers here and they all work great.

Have you tried the pxlmono or pxlcolor printer drivers on that particular printer yet?

I didn't see it listed in the listings under di1811p but I only checked Konica, didn't check the separate Minolta or QMS headings.
It's also not listed on Foomatic either.

Is this a new printer? Perhaps too new for a driver to be written for it yet?

Good Luck

TTUL
Gary

MATUBA
January 4th, 2009, 09:58 PM
Hi Matuba

I'm not familiar with that particular printer, although I use mostly Konica/Minota laser printers here and they all work great.

Have you tried the pxlmono or pxlcolor printer drivers on that particular printer yet?

I didn't see it listed in the listings under di1811p but I only checked Konica, didn't check the separate Minolta or QMS headings.
It's also not listed on Foomatic either.

Is this a new printer? Perhaps too new for a driver to be written for it yet?

Good Luck

TTUL
Gary
Thanks Gary!
No much luck with the drivers, but thanks for the reply

igknighted
January 4th, 2009, 10:12 PM
Dunno if this printer is similar enough to yours, but it's worth a shot. Everywhere else I have seen says that your printer is simply not linux compatible, so this is probably the best shot.

EDIT: Oops, forgot the link: http://www.openprinting.org/show_printer.cgi?recnum=KONICA_MINOLTA-Di2510

carml
January 4th, 2009, 10:25 PM
Excuse me,but have you tried to simply connect the printer to your PC? :confused:

MATUBA
January 6th, 2009, 01:11 AM
Dunno if this printer is similar enough to yours, but it's worth a shot. Everywhere else I have seen says that your printer is simply not linux compatible, so this is probably the best shot.

EDIT: Oops, forgot the link: http://www.openprinting.org/show_printer.cgi?recnum=KONICA_MINOLTA-Di2510

Thanks for your help it did not work ,but led me to try a different driver
Generic PCL 6/PCL XL Printer - CUPS+Gutenprint v5.0.2 Simplified

Thanks for your help
:D

MATUBA
January 6th, 2009, 01:13 AM
Excuse me,but have you tried to simply connect the printer to your PC? :confused:

when I connect the printer it recognizes but requires a driver for it:D
thanks