PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Joomla_1.5.8-Stable-Full_Package.zip how do i install

Peterfc
January 2nd, 2009, 05:36 PM
Hi All

I have downloaded Joomla to have a look with a view to creating a website. I have tried to use Synaptic manager and add and remove. Or a link to how to open various program types so i can bookmark for future use.

Thanks for reading this thread.

/home/peter/Desktop/Joomla_1.5.8-Stable-Full_Package.zip

LowSky
January 2nd, 2009, 05:50 PM
follow these instructions from their website. http://help.joomla.org/ghop/feb2008/task048/joomla_15_quickstart.pdf

Also porgrams you download cannot be installed via add/remove or synaptic, they must be installed by hand

arnold.pietersen
January 7th, 2009, 02:04 PM
Hi All

I have downloaded Joomla to have a look with a view to creating a website. I have tried to use Synaptic manager and add and remove. Or a link to how to open various program types so i can bookmark for future use.

Thanks for reading this thread.

/home/peter/Desktop/Joomla_1.5.8-Stable-Full_Package.zip

Let me know if you still need help installing Joomla.

mathewb1
January 8th, 2009, 10:35 AM
Hi there,

I installed Joomla! on my Windows XP box, and one of the main reasons I'm building an Ubuntu box tis to run Joamla! on it. My only advice to you owul dbe to check and double chheck all you config files ot make sure they are all correct. One little mistake and the whole thing comes crashing down.

When its up and running though its a dream to use :)

Slainte,
MathewB.