PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] How to reinstall ubunut

Bankai56
January 2nd, 2009, 11:19 AM
I upgraded Hardy heron to Interpid ibex and now something messed with my drivers. Can anyone help me to reinstall Ubuntu. With formating the harddrive like in windows, since i dont want any erors. thx in advance
P.S. i have a dualboot with Windows.

redneckProgrammer
January 2nd, 2009, 04:59 PM
If you boot from your Ubuntu install disc, and start the install process you should have to option to install using the current Ubuntu partitions. That will overwrite you current Ubuntu install.

tuxxy
January 2nd, 2009, 05:05 PM
Another option is to create and move your /home to its own partition and reinstall 8.04 over the old file system.

Bankai56
January 2nd, 2009, 05:30 PM
@redneckProgrammer
I tried your version, but i have a slight problem. As i insert the cd and press install or livecd it says I/O(Could also be 0 dont know) error. What does that mean?:confused:
@tuxxy
What exactly do you mean i am kinda noob?:D

redneckProgrammer
January 3rd, 2009, 06:54 AM
Hmmmm.... that is an Input/Output error. Usually means an issue reading the CD or writing to the hard drive. Are there any additional messages or details with the error?

Bankai56
January 3rd, 2009, 05:02 PM
Usin the 8.10 i only get this error but using 8.04 i get like a hell lot of error mostly this one and some other in between. Doesnt seem to stop the error code always had to reboot manually. except with the 8.10 cd which did it automatically.
Last time i installed ubuntu i used my cousins cd but he ist not here now, so i am stuck.
I also checked the cd and it seems, that it dowsnt work with any pc or laptop so you can say its the cd problem, but i burnt it exactly as in the instructions. it a cd rw maybe because of that?