PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Xserver problem in ubuntu 8.10

dariou2
January 2nd, 2009, 11:02 AM
hello all i used to use ubuntu and i love it i hate windows but with ubuntu things are much simpler and not frustrating as it is with windows :P anyway i installed the ubuntu 8.10 i used to use the 8.9 as i remember and i formatted and i downloaded wubi and it installed ubuntu 8.10 everything was working it downloaded and installed then as usual when you install ubuntu and run it it shows the installing system thing and the progress so i left it installing the system and i checked after an hour i dunno what happened when i was gone but when i came back it restarted and opened windows so i restarted to open ubuntu it gave me a couple of errors but i fixed them but my biggest problem now is the xserver :( i have no graphical system its messed up and says it needs a manual fsck maintenance and honestly i dunno how to do it so i am asking you guys help any advice or how can i do this ? please dont tell me to reinstall i spent 20 hours downloading i wont do it again and i am sure that i can fix this with you guys help :D oh i used ubuntu before but when i had graphical problems i just used to run it in graphical safe mod and thats it its fixed but i have no idea how to do this fsck manual maintenance

thanks alot in advance :)

dariou2
January 2nd, 2009, 12:25 PM
anyone at all ? i really need ur help guys i am using windows right now but i cant stand it :( i need to do this fsck manual thing

bgerlich
January 2nd, 2009, 10:58 PM
start your system in recovery mode and repair your disks with "fsck -A"