PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Preseeding : how can i preseed the first language-dialogue with kernel params

gencaslan
January 2nd, 2009, 10:56 AM
Hello,

i try to use preeseeding and everything works fine after 3 days of work but one thing.

i can't preseed away the first language-dialog after booting from installation-cd. has anybody an idea how to jump over the language-selection-dialog.

i think it has to be in the isolinux.cfg file as a kernel param.

i tried a few params but none of them worked.

e.g. my first lines before label-definition

DEFAULT myLabel
GFXBOOT bootlogo
APPEND debian-installer/locale=en_US console-setup/layoutcode=de initrd=/install/initrd.gz ramdisk_size=16384 root=/dev/ram rw quiet --
LABELDEFINITIONS
DISPLAY isolinux.txt
TIMEOUT 0
PROMPT 1

for now my solution is tu use the non-graphic version with these lines

DEFAULT myLabel
#GFXBOOT bootlogo
LABELDEFINITIONS
DISPLAY isolinux.txt
TIMEOUT 0
PROMPT 1

then the first language-selection-dialog does not appear.

Is there a way to use the GFXBOOT version and preseed away the dialog. Any Ideas ?

Thanks

gsegree
January 15th, 2009, 06:49 PM
In the text.cfg/isolinux.cfg add the following

label my-install
menu label ^My Install
kernel /install/vmlinuz
append locale=en_US console-setup/layoutcode=us file=/cdrom/preseed/preseed.seed initrd=/install/initrd.gz quiet --
l

rakslice
November 4th, 2009, 03:36 AM
I'm trying to create a custom 8.04 server x64 install CD. To get around that first language menu before you select a boot choice, I ended up creating a custom gfxboot data file (a replacement for isolinux/bootlogo from the original cd), with the call that shows the language selection menu commented out.

Here's what you'll need to do, as root, in more detail:

Install the gfxboot package to get the tools to build the gfxboot.
Get a copy of the standard ubuntu gfxboot theme. It's in the gfxboot-theme-ubuntu package, but the binary package is missing the po/bootloader.pot file, so you'll want to get the source package or just grab a copy of the source from launchpad.
In your gfxboot-theme-ubuntu directory, there's a code file called common.inc. Open it in your choice of text editor.
Find the line that calls panel.lang ('lang.displayed not { panel.lang } if'), and comment it out by inserting a % at the beginning of the line. Save and exit.
Go into the directory po, and do a make. This will create the text.inc file.
Go back up to your gfxboot-theme-ubuntu directory, and use mkbootmsg to build your new gfxboot file from the modified source:
mkbootmsg -O -c boot.config <your gfxboot filename>
Now, replace the previous gfxboot file with your new one. Since my install is an isolinux install CD, I put my replacement gfxboot file in the isolinux directory of my CD template, and modified the isolinux.cfg so that the GFXBOOT line referred to my file rather than bootlogo.

Hopefully I didn't miss anything there.

sojou
March 23rd, 2012, 10:44 AM
I know it is an old thread. Thanks rakslice. Works perfectly.

nothingspecial
March 23rd, 2012, 10:46 AM
I know it is an old thread.

It is and so it must me closed.