PDA

View Full Version : Working on an Space Empire browser-based MMOSG

CaptainNet
January 2nd, 2009, 10:23 AM
Hello all,

After eating a tonino's pizza (imitation pizza-esque death disc), I have started to regain the energy I need to stay up all night and work on this MMOSG.

Here is the idea.

It is a browser-based Space Empire MMOSG which will be released entirely under the GPL, and GNU-FDL. Anyone with a web server will be able to set up their own game server for this game or a game mod thereof.

I have set up the wiki for the project at: http://www.nexxux.org/wiki

The web-application will be written entirely in PHP, HTML, CSS, and Javascript. It will use a MySQL 5.0+ database.

Currently I am seeking volunteers to help out with the game. There will be a need for game art (including futuristic structures, spacecraft, etc) and people to double check the code driving the application.

All of this is possible through the wiki which I will be shortly beginning to edit to add content to.

Anyone is welcome to join in on this little project if they like. All you have to do is register for the wiki and begin using the discussion pages/editing pages/etc.

Thank you,

~Joel

CaptainNet
January 2nd, 2009, 10:07 PM
Hello,

Here is an update as to the progress of what is being done for this project.

The wiki is set up and I will begin fleshing it out all night tonight. Unfortunately, my ambition last night didn't meet up with my ability. I had to get some rest.

I had to go to the store today about 30 miles away, but I am back now and I am actively working on the site.

I will be working on the overview for the MMOSG application, and will post highlights and a link to it as soon as time permits.

Take a look at the link in the previous post if you even might be interested in helping out with the project.

I could use all the help I can get!

Thank you,

~Joel

Coffee3133
January 3rd, 2009, 10:41 PM
Hello,

Due to reviewing some of my domain names I got rid of the nexxux tld's I had. As a result I am dropping the CaptainNet email and hopefully (admins of this wonderful board willing) will have this thread locked and the CaptainNet account removed.

I will be using this account from now on and I am not sure who I should contact on this matter. So oh great java spirits, if you can here me, help me out!

I am still planning on developing a MMOSG, but I am going to wait to make a post until I get it a bit further along in the planning stage.

Thank you,

~Coffee