PDA

View Full Version : Windows logo stickers, can I remove it?

PryGuy
January 2nd, 2009, 08:33 AM
Good day to you and Happy New Year!
I have EeePC that came with Windows and a Windows logo sticker of course. I want to get rid of them both and install... you know the answer. I have a question about the sticker, is it safe to remove, I don't want to have glue marks or something.
Thank you!

cdtech
January 2nd, 2009, 08:35 AM
I used Monitor Wipes to clean the surface after I removed mine. A little stuborn but that worked for me.....

melojo
January 2nd, 2009, 08:36 AM
if it does leave glue residue use fingernail polish or wd40 or something to remove the glue.

jrusso2
January 2nd, 2009, 08:50 AM
It can be difficult to remove it without leaving some glue marks.

PryGuy
January 2nd, 2009, 08:54 AM
It can be difficult to remove it without leaving some glue marks.Yeah, it's hard to get rid of Micro$oft, I know... ;) But, I have a feeling it takes almost half of EeePC's body.

tuskenraider
January 2nd, 2009, 08:54 AM
system76 has powered by ubuntu stickers for free!!! self addressed stamped envelope and bada bing you get some in the mail.

system76.com.

tusken

MikeTheC
January 2nd, 2009, 09:01 AM
Actually, Greased Lightning works well on a lot of types of adhesive, as do many citrus-based cleaners. In fact, often they work better than a lot of the more traditional harsh chemicals you could hypothetically use (but wouldn't really want to because they're solvent-based).

kamitsukai
January 2nd, 2009, 09:36 AM
if it does leave glue residue use fingernail polish or wd40 or something to remove the glue.

Make sure you do a test somewhere that won't been seen easily if you use something like nail polish remover or another type of a abrasive cleaner!

jrusso2
January 2nd, 2009, 09:48 AM
What ever you use I would test it somewhere that you don't see very often first.

kavon89
January 2nd, 2009, 09:54 AM
After many straight hours of gaming on my laptop, my wrist warmed up the sticker enough to where it was able to slide around. Popped it off, wiped some residue off with a little alcohol on a napkin and I was good to go.

carml
January 2nd, 2009, 10:04 AM
You can always cover it with an other of your choice(one with the Ubuntu logo will be the best:P).

JDorfler
January 2nd, 2009, 10:19 AM
What's EeePC doing with MSFT anyway?

Sam3280
January 2nd, 2009, 10:47 AM
I think eucalyptus oil would work best but I'm guessing you can only get that in Australia.

mips
January 2nd, 2009, 11:01 AM
Just spray glue with a bit of deodrant (it contains alcohol) & rub with a cloth around your index finger. Simple as that and leaves a nice smell ;)

bufsabre666
January 2nd, 2009, 11:52 AM
leaves a nice smell ;)

thats debatable

Barrucadu
January 2nd, 2009, 12:09 PM
Generally you can just peel the sticker off, and remove any remaining glue with a fingernail.

ithanium
January 2nd, 2009, 12:16 PM
I removed my stickers and after a little work it wasn't sticky anymore :)

gjoellee
January 2nd, 2009, 12:29 PM
You can remove it, and if there are any glue marks squeeze Lemon/Citron in water and use that to try move it away.

Sand & Mercury
January 2nd, 2009, 12:43 PM
thats debatable
It's a good idea. I regularly deodorize my laptop, all those hours of hard processing work gets it all hot and bothered. Condensed computer BO is the worst kind man...

@OP: Yeah, any kind of glue residue isn't going to be permanent. Rubbing alcohol would be your best bet to remove it immediately, but even if you don't do anything at all to remove the glue it will pretty quickly just rub off by itself.

Swagman
January 2nd, 2009, 12:55 PM
lol

I used to use after-shave to clean the heads on my cassette deck.

mips
January 2nd, 2009, 01:03 PM
lol

I used to use after-shave to clean the heads on my cassette deck.

I used deodrant as I had nothing to shave in those days :) Still the same as they both contain lots of alchohol.

PryGuy
January 2nd, 2009, 06:36 PM
Thanks, people! Will definitely try it!