PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Ubuntu Studio question

gspawn69
January 1st, 2009, 05:08 PM
Hi there... I switched over to Ubuntu studio shortly after upgrading to hardy 8.04, and I know intrepid 8.10 came out in october, but my system still has not prompted me to upgrade to 8.10, and I don't know how to do it manually. Can someone tell me what to do?

secondstage
January 1st, 2009, 06:06 PM
It is not recommended to do a system upgrade, because there is a chance that a configuration file, or something else will not be removed, thus causing problems later on. But if you still want to...

Because the 8.04 release is long-term, Ubuntu expects that you would stay with the long-term. To change the default, open Synaptic (System > Administration > Synaptic). Type your password, and hit enter. Once Synaptic is open, go to Settings, then Repositories. Click on the "Updates" tab. Look for the release upgrade option, and change it from "Long Term Support Releases Only" to "Normal Releases".

I do not know whether or not it will prompt you to upgrade after you close Synaptic, or after a reboot.

gspawn69
May 14th, 2009, 01:14 PM
I did as you suggested, but I still haven't been prompted to upgrade. Is there a way to do the upgrade to 9.04 manually?