PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Multiple tuner problem, channel browsing while recording

Eldis
January 1st, 2009, 04:55 PM
I have 3 dvb-c cards and I've defined that each card can watch/record 2 channels at the same time. Naturally one card can only watch 1 channel and record a second from the same transport stream. But when let's say tuner A is recording one channel and I happen to want to watch live tv at the same time and that tuner will allow me to browse only channels on the same multiplex. I would want mythtv to automatically switch to a different "free" tuner so I can watch any channel I want.

Is there some setting to do this. Currently I'm forced to switch input manually, surely this is already in mythtv I just don't know how to configure it.

Any help would be appreciated. I really don't need to be able to record/watch 6 channels at once, so I could even switch back to recording per card if necessary as long as I get a bit more userfriendly setup.

uncle hammy
January 1st, 2009, 07:52 PM
You could try checking the "Avoid Conflicts between livetv and scheduled shows" in TV SETTINGS>GENERAL

Eldis
January 1st, 2009, 09:03 PM
Thanks, I did that, time will tell how much it helps.