PDA

View Full Version : Iaptop keyb broken!?

borntowin1111
January 1st, 2009, 03:21 AM
Heiio. My "i" :( key is broken. The rubber cone/cap/ whatever you caii it is detached from my keyboard. I know i have to buy a repiacement keyboard...but my question is...

Once i buy the repiacement keyboard, wiII it inciude the rubber cone with it? Because i dont have it anymore.

Aiso, where am i suppose to take it to repiace it? circuit city? best buy?

It is a sony iaptop! :)

init1
January 1st, 2009, 04:18 AM
Heiio. My "i" :( key is broken. The rubber cone/cap/ whatever you caii it is detached from my keyboard. I know i have to buy a repiacement keyboard...but my question is...

Once i buy the repiacement keyboard, wiII it inciude the rubber cone with it? Because i dont have it anymore.

Aiso, where am i suppose to take it to repiace it? circuit city? best buy?

It is a sony iaptop! :)
That happened to 3 of my laptop keys. It still works (I'm typing with it right now), but it's a bit of a pain.

borntowin1111
January 1st, 2009, 04:38 AM
ioi but how are you typing? there's no rubber cone or anything at aii! Its just a biack circie!

Anyone heip!?

gn2
January 1st, 2009, 11:07 AM
Often if laptop keys become detached they can be popped back in place.

If the key is damaged and won't fit back in place, sometimes you can get a single replacement key from Ebay if a keyboard is being sold on a per-key basis.

Ebay is the place to look for a replacement laptop keyboard, usually you can get a complete unit for a reasonable price.
They're not difficult to fit yourself.