PDA

View Full Version : Help With a Laptop For University

themissinglink1
December 31st, 2008, 09:59 PM
I'm heading of to uni in september and need a portable laptop. I already have a laptop and a desktop but dont want to be lugging around a macbook pro because i dont want it damaged or lost so Im looking for a cheapish netbook/ultraportable. I was looking at the NC10 for its battery life and the slighty heavier but more powerful Packard Bell BG45 - U300. I know its a packard bell but the build quality seemed reasonable and i need to do a fair bit of word precessing and need a reasonble keyboard. Does any1 own either of these or has used them input would be appreciated. Or even another suggestion in the £250 - £400 range that is no bigger than 12".

Thanks Chris

tom66
December 31st, 2008, 10:10 PM
The Dell Inspiron Mini 12 looks like a suitable choice. But I don't have one, so I can't personally recommend it.

http://www1.euro.dell.com/content/products/productdetails.aspx/laptop-inspiron-12?c=uk&cs=ukdhs1&l=en&ref=lthp&s=dhs

themissinglink1
December 31st, 2008, 10:17 PM
I had thought about the dell but I dont trust them after a lot of hassle with a dell inspiron i had that cost me over £300 on top of what i was supposed to pay so reluctant to use dell again but what drew me to the packard bell was the processing power and upgradability over a netbook. And the NC 10 was the battery life over other netbooks. The dell looks ideal but i dont want to buy off of them. Thanks for the suggestion though.

EnergySamus
December 31st, 2008, 11:12 PM
Have you looked at the Acer Aspire One? It is a very nice Netbook, Fast too!:)