PDA

View Full Version : Who's in charge of canonical store ?

djpate
December 31st, 2008, 01:41 AM
Hello everyone,

I'm posting here cause I dont know where to put it.

I order a laptop bag at http://shop.canonical.com/ for 72$ + Shipping on Dec 16th

of course the money got out of my bank account right away but since then I didnt have any news from them.

I sent a Enquiry using there contact form on Dec 20th but still not a single reply !

I'm getting really frustated !

Anyone ordered something from them before ?

kevin11951
December 31st, 2008, 01:48 AM
Hello everyone,

I order a laptop bag at http://shop.canonical.com/ for 72$ + Shipping on Dec 16th

of course the money got out of my bank account right away but since then I didnt have any news from them.

I sent a Enquiry using there contact form on Dec 20th but still not a single reply !

did you consider that most of the world is on break till the 5th of january?

djpate
December 31st, 2008, 01:52 AM
Well not really

I bought most of my christmas gifts on the internet and ordered way after the 16th !

Dharmachakra
December 31st, 2008, 01:58 AM
did you consider that most of the world is on break till the 5th of january?

By that do you mean public schools in the United States? I would venture to say that most businesses in the world are operating right now.

kevin11951
December 31st, 2008, 04:21 AM
By that do you mean public schools in the United States? I would venture to say that most businesses in the world are operating right now.

well, it seems like every website and store i visit says there out till the 2nd or 5th (i am probably wrong though).

Dharmachakra
December 31st, 2008, 04:23 AM
well, it seems like every website and store i visit says there out till the 2nd or 5th (i am probably wrong though).

:-| Well in that case I suppose it's very possible that they're out too...

I would give em a phone call rather than an email. (Assuming you sent an email.)

djpate
December 31st, 2008, 10:56 AM

Well your maybe right but the site your visiting are saying that they are out

On the canonical shop they are not saying anything

They could at least use a automatic responder when you send them an email or so...

It's really unprofessional imo.

gn2
December 31st, 2008, 12:44 PM
Where do the Canonical store items get posted from? (UK) (https://shop.canonical.com/legal.php)

Where does djpate live?

What's the distance between the two?

If it involves international delivery then two weeks isn't unusual in my experience, that's if the items are in stock, if not it could be longer.

Zila1
December 31st, 2008, 12:51 PM
I have never ordered anything by them. But my friends bought a lap top and they didn't have any problems there.

billgoldberg
December 31st, 2008, 12:57 PM
Hello everyone,

Canonical are the company behind Ubuntu.

They are based in the UK.

Depending on where you live, it might take a while before you get your stuff.

glotz
December 31st, 2008, 02:33 PM
This store is managed by Merchandise Mania Limited. .

djpate
December 31st, 2008, 03:07 PM
Well i live in paris france and payed for ups express so it shouldnt take that long...

But anyway I posted here this morning and coincidence or not I got a mail a couple of hours ago with my ups tracking number...

MellonCollie
December 31st, 2008, 03:43 PM
I wish they'd get some M or L sized 'Second Edition Hardy Heron' t-shirts in stock. :(

lam47
January 5th, 2009, 11:30 AM
I ordered on the 18th and the site said I would most likely get my order for Christmas.
Well they only dispatched it the other day.
I have had no reply from the store despite sending many emails.
I could find no phone number to contact them on either.
After paying extra for UPS shipping I am very disappointed with the service.
I am in the UK so its not like it has a long way to travel.
My order says its coming today although there has been an exception.

SHIPPER TENDERED THE SHIPMENT TO UPS AFTER THE LATEST COLLECTION TIME FOR THE REQUESTED SERVICE. A DAY DELAY IS LIKELY. / DELIVERY RESCHEDULED

I don't expect I will be able to get a postage refund either as nobody responds to questions.
Honestly they have been awful.

mips
January 5th, 2009, 01:22 PM
Hmm, this does not really look good if you ask me.

lam47
January 5th, 2009, 01:31 PM
Yup so ordered on the 18th,
Paid extra for UPS shipping.
No mention of holidays on the site, in fact it said you should receive your order for Christmas. And that was with the cheap shipping option.
Finally arrived on the 5th.
No reply to any emails.
Rubbish.

djpate
January 5th, 2009, 01:46 PM
Yeah my develivery is scheduled for tomorow , i've been waiting for 21 days !! I really wouldnt recommend the store because they are really not concerned about their costumers...

I sent an another mail but still no reply no sorry no nothing...

mips
January 5th, 2009, 01:56 PM
Seeing Canonical does not actually run the store maybe someone should bring this to their attention so they can try and do something about it. Unfortunately I would not know who to contact.