PDA

View Full Version : Earbuds!

jleewach
December 30th, 2008, 09:58 PM
Just a general question for anyone who has mp3 player earbuds plugged into their head for 12 hours out of the day like I do. What brand/style do you use? The cheap-o's that come w/ the player, a $1200 pair of Ultimate Ears Custom molds, or anything in-between? Just curious becaue I got a pair of Shure SE110's for Christmas & literally cant keep the darn things out of my ears they sound so good. :D

doorknob60
December 30th, 2008, 10:44 PM
Used to use the ones that came with my Sansa, now I'm using a $10 pair of Sony ones from Walmart because the other ones broke. Neither are anything special, but they get the job done just fine.

markp1989
December 30th, 2008, 10:46 PM
I use the JVC Gummy headphones, i prefered the old gummys because they were more gummy.

i like them cause there quite cheap, i paid £5 for the pair, they sound alright and because i often break headphones there is not much point in my gerring better / expensive ones.

Tomone
January 2nd, 2009, 08:08 AM
I can't stand listening to music through cheap headphones, and I listen to music a lot. The earbuds that I have now are Shure SE210's. I love how well they fit and how well they block out sound. They also sound really good except that they don't have much low end, so I have to crank that up on the mp3 player. It's kind of the opposite of the bass heavy Bose TriPort OE's that I use with my laptop.

jleewach
January 2nd, 2009, 07:27 PM
I can't stand listening to music through cheap headphones, and I listen to music a lot. The earbuds that I have now are Shure SE210's. I love how well they fit and how well they block out sound. They also sound really good except that they don't have much low end, so I have to crank that up on the mp3 player. It's kind of the opposite of the bass heavy Bose TriPort OE's that I use with my laptop.

I too have the triports & you're right about the bass. I have to switch depending on whether I want alot of bass, or alot of treble. Have you listened to the shure SE110's? If so, do they sound much different than your SE210's? I was curious about the sound difference as the SE210's were only 50 dollars more than the SE110's.

RiceMonster
January 2nd, 2009, 07:55 PM
I only use earbuds on the go. The ones I use are those skullcandy in ear ones, because they block outside noise. They were something like $15-$20 Canadian.

kavon89
January 2nd, 2009, 09:24 PM
I hate earbuds, they never stay in my ear.

civillian
January 2nd, 2009, 09:31 PM
good earbuds (imo) to use are the JVC marshmallow headphones, they stay in your ear, block out the outside world and have decent (to my ears) Bass response, they cost me about 12GBP from currys didital

Tomone
January 3rd, 2009, 09:19 AM
Have you listened to the shure SE110's? If so, do they sound much different than your SE210's? I was curious about the sound difference as the SE210's were only 50 dollars more than the SE110's.
No, I haven't tried the SE110's, so I can't compare them.