PDA

View Full Version : The "Thank Everyone In This Thread" Thread

Kernel Sanders
December 30th, 2008, 07:24 PM
Pretty much every forum where the "thanks" or "reputation" feature is enabled has one of these threads, and I was wondering whether in the spirit of Ubuntu we could have one here? :KS

You pretty much come into this thread and make a positive comment about another user, the admins, ubuntu, or the forums, and every visitor to the thread thanks you for it and posts their own positive comment which you thank in turn.

It ends up with everyone who posts in this thread having a ridiculous amount of thanked posts, but the thread is also filled with positive comments. A welcome change from some other more "contravertial" threads for sure! :lol:

So for my positive comment, i'd like to say that this forum is the friendliest online community that i've ever known, and i'd like to thank everyone who posts in these forums for contributing to that! :KS

jeyaganesh
December 30th, 2008, 07:31 PM
i'd like to say that this forum is the friendliest online community that i've ever known, and i'd like to thank everyone who posts in these forums for contributing to that! :KS

Yes you are right. This forum is friendliest online community. This forum Administrators has brilliant ability to create good community website like Facebook & Myspace.

I join with you to Thank all the contributors!

Delever
December 30th, 2008, 07:31 PM
But wouldn't it reduce the value of real thanks?

Skripka
December 30th, 2008, 07:34 PM
But wouldn't it reduce the value of real thanks?

From the Forum Code of Conduct Section 1 #18:

The Thanks plug-in is a way for users to find useful content from the large amount posted to the forums. Asking forum users for thanks reduces the usefulness of this tool. Doing anything that falsely increase your Thanks count is not allowed, and can result in warning, infractions or banning from the Ubuntu Forums.

Don't get in too much trouble guys.....

notwen
December 30th, 2008, 07:39 PM
I like your avatar Kernel Sanders, I also enjoy your chicken from time to time. *nod*

Kernel Sanders
December 30th, 2008, 07:41 PM
From the Forum Code of Conduct Section 1 #18:

The Thanks plug-in is a way for users to find useful content from the large amount posted to the forums. Asking forum users for thanks reduces the usefulness of this tool. Doing anything that falsely increase your Thanks count is not allowed, and can result in warning, infractions or banning from the Ubuntu Forums.

Don't get in too much trouble guys.....

No-one's going to get banned or infracted for this. Despite the mods totally undeserved reputation for infracting at will, there is no way they'd ban or infract people for making positive comments about this forum, ubuntu or other users.

I just thought this would be a good thing to have as it's something that every other forum who uses thanks has. It's totally inoffensive and overwhelmingly positive.

Rocket2DMn
December 30th, 2008, 08:07 PM
Uh... no. Thread Closed.
While I appreciate your attitude, this is abuse of the Thanks system. If you find other such threads on the forums, please report them.
We do have a Forum Feedback & Help section along with the Ubuntu Testimonials and Experiences section for providing positive or negative feedback about the forums and Ubuntu.