PDA

View Full Version : It's nolonger a prince from nigeria

Lostincyberspace
December 30th, 2008, 04:56 PM
Imagin my surprise when in GMail to day I found this:

From kevin komo
I am writing to seek your partnership in the investment of my inheritance fund USD $6.5M from my late father who died mysteriously on 12 july 2006.
I will like to further introduce myself to you. My name is Mr kevin komo, I am a 20 years old boy, the only child and son of my late parents Mr and Mrs Toure komo.
It was very evident that he was poisoned to death. I lost my mother when I was barely a year old and my father refused to re-marry another wife because he felt solely responsible for my mother's death. This is so because he concentrated much on his businesses that he rarely pays attention to domestic affairs.
He was always travelling taking care of his businesses that he did not notice when my mother took ill. He thought it was a minor illness and was ignorant of this. My mother on her own resorted to self-medication.
It was not until the illness degenerated that my father took my mother to hospital where she was diagnosed to find out that hypatitis had eaten deep into her blood stream. She didn't last long before she died. This happened when I was barely a year old. Based on this, my father could not forgive himself easily because of it and said he was responsible for her death as he could have saved her if only he had paid attention to the things at home rather than concentrating much on his businesses.

Despite all entreaties by friends and relatives, he refused to remarry but ensured that I had everything that I wanted. It was as a result of this that he made me the next of kin to his fund deposit with the bank here in my country, I should have a direct access to the fund,only when I am 28 years of age otherwise, I should have a guardian/partner intercede on my behalf for the release of the fund to me. Unfortunately, he died on 12 july 2006 and I am 20 years of age currently.
This is why I have contacted you to serve as a guardian to me and as my foreign partner for the investment of my inheritance fund overseas My uncles does not know about the funds because they had already taken my father's houses and other properties and they are looking for a way to kill me. They have requested to have my father's file where all the documents that proof the existence of my inheritance fund in the bank where kept but I simply told them that I do not know where he kept them.
The younger brother took the house in the village while the houses in the town were sold out they shared the proceed they got from the sale. Right now, I am in one of the guest house and do sincerely want to travel out of my country. This can only happen when I have secured the release and transfer of my inheritance funds in the bank. This why it is important that we have a plan on the type of lucrative business that we can invest the funds on.

I had a various times had discussions with the operation director of the bank where my father deposited the funds and I was assured that once, I have someone who would be willing to receive my inheritance on my behalf, they shall commence all proceedings to effect the transfer of my inheritance into the person's designated bank account in his country for investment project. Now, that you have signified your interest to partner with me, it would only be very necessary if you contact the bank and request for the transfer of my inheritance fund into your account in your country for the purpose of investment and to further have me come over to your country to continue with my studies.

I shall be giving you the bank contact details as soon as I hear back from you so that you will go ahead and contact the bank.

Talk to you the more.
kevin komo

notwen
December 30th, 2008, 05:56 PM
Let me know where to sign up.

I haven't had one of these in a long while, gmail's spam filter generally catches most of them nowadays I presume. Kinda sad, knowing the amount of money that a lot of these type emails have conned out of un-knowing victims.

MikeTheC
December 30th, 2008, 06:37 PM
Personally, I'd prefer the gold bar equivalent, thank you.

Lostincyberspace
December 30th, 2008, 06:44 PM

I haven't had one of these in a long while, gmail's spam filter generally catches most of them nowadays I presume. Kinda sad, knowing the amount of money that a lot of these type emails have conned out of un-knowing victims.

Well the email says to reply to kevin_k_m001@yahoo.co.jp, but was mailed from kevinkomo_70@yahoo.co.jp

So go ahead and get your self spammed.

I can't wait until some one really does get money from one of these kind of emails, then the real problems will start.

days_of_ruin
December 30th, 2008, 07:01 PM

Its not ignorance, its greed.Most of the victims are smart enough to know
a scam but they are blinded by greed.

MaxIBoy
December 30th, 2008, 07:07 PM
They're blinded by greed, so they willingly get conned out of a lot of their money...?

DougieFresh4U
December 31st, 2008, 04:15 AM
I get these everyday and I have never wrote or contacted them, but some make it sound like they speak to me often. Heres a sample or two

Healys Solicitors - London
(SOLICITORS & ADVOCATES , LEGAL PRACTITIONERS)
3 Waterhouse Square,
142 Holborn,
London EC1N 2SW
United Kingdom

Attention: Client

On behalf of the Trustees and Executor of the estate of Late Michael Gambone and immigrant who was a gas consultant here in UK, who happens to be one of our very good clients. He died with his wife(Deborah Gambone)on board the Swissair Flight 111 , which crashed into the Atlantic off Nova Scotia in september 2nd 1998.

http://www.cnn.com/WORLD/9809/swissair.victims.list/

I once again try to notify you as my earlier letter was returned undelivered. I wish to notify you that late Late Michael Gambone made you a beneficiary to his WILL. He left the sum of Sixty Million, Three Hundred Thousand United States Dollars (USD$60, 300.000.00) to you in the Codicil and last testament to his WILL.

This may sound strange and unbelievable to you, but it is real and true. Being a widely traveled man, he must have been in contact with you in the past or simply you were nominated to him by one of his numerous friends abroad who wished you good. According to him this money is to support your humanitarian activities and to help the poor and the needy in our society. Please if I reach you as I am hopeful, endeavor to get back to me as soon as possible to enable us obtain all the neccesary funds release document so remittance can take place.

I await your prompt response.

Yours in Service,

BARRISTER DAVID SMITH ESQ.
PRINCIPAL PARTNERS
PARTNERS: Barrister Darina Gowen.Esq, Gemma Phillpott, Mr. John Marvey Esq

PTWOPJGOQTXDYKPOXDOYIXPOTKKQZBQTCGECRW

and another today:

Ortega-Medina & Associates
1 Northumberland Avenue, London , England.

Attorney at Law
McDermott Will & Emery LLP, UK.

IMPORTANT NOTICE :

Though, this medium (Internet) has been greatly abused, I choose to reach you
through it because it still remains the fastest, surest and most secured
medium of communication.

On behalf of the Trustees and Executor of the estate of Late Engr. Claus M.
Halle. I once again try to notify you as my earlier letter was returned
undelivered. I wish to notify you that late Engr. Claus M. Halle made you a
beneficiary to his WILL. He left the sum of Ten Million, One Hundred Thousand
Pounds (GBP10,100,000.00) to you in the Codicil and last testament to his
WILL.

This may sound strange and unbelievable to you, but it is real and true. Being
a widely traveled man, he must have been in contact with you in the past or
simply you were nominated to him by one of his numerous friends abroad who
wished you good. Engr. Claus M. Halle until was an international business
executive and philanthropist. Born in Schwelm, Germany in 1927, Mr. Halle was
raised in Germany after spending his early childhood years in India with his
parents. In 1986, he established "The Halle Foundation" which seeks to promote
understanding, knowledge and friendship between the people of Germany and
those of the United States. More infomation on my Late. Client will be given
to you upon request.

According to him this money is to support your humanitarian activities and to
help the poor and the needy in our society. Please if I reach you as I am
hopeful, endeavor to get back to me as soon as possible to enable me conclude
my job. I hope to hear from you in no distant time.

Note: You are advise to contact me with my personal email address:
oma_keithbrian@live.com

I await your prompt response.

Yours in Service,

Attorney at Law
McDermott Will & Emery LLP

and another, my favorite, as i always get these phony Fedex ones:

CONTACT FEDEX COURIER SERVICE FOR YOUR FUNDS NOW CALL: +2348023989097

I have been waiting for you since to contact me for yourConfirmable Bank
Draft of $850,000United States Dollars,but I did not hear from you since for

a couple of weeks now.

Then I went to the bank to confirm if the draft hasexpired or getting near
to the date of expire and Dr.Wilson the Director Bank of Africa told me

that before the draft will get to your hand that it will expire.

So I told him to cash the $850,000 USD UNITED STATES DOLLARS to cash

payment to avoid losing this funds under expiration as I will be out of the

country for a 3 Months Course and I will not come back till ending of March

2009. What you have to do now is to contact Fedex EXPRESS COURIER COMPANY as

soon as possible to know when they will deliver your Consignment to you

because of the expiring date.

For your information,i have paid for the delivering Charge,Insurance

premium.The only money you will send to the Fedex EXPRESS COURIER COMPANY to

deliver your Consignment direct to yourpostal Address in your country is

($100 USD) one hundred United States Dollars only being Security Keeping Fee
of the Courier Company so far. Again, don't be deceived by anybody to pay

any other money except $100US Dollars.

I would have paid that but they said no because they don'tknow when you

will contact them and in case of demurrage.

You have to contact Fedex EXPRESS COURIER COMPANY now,for the delivery of

your Draft with this information below.

1 Your Full Name:
2, Your Delivery Address:
3, Your Cell Phone Number:
4,Your Age:
5,Your Country:
6,Your occupation:
7,Your Sex:

Company's Name:FEDEX EXPRESS COURIER COMPANY

Directors Name: Mr.Evans Smith

Mobile: 0092348023989097 OR +234-80-23989097

Email Address: fedex.dispatch234@gmail.com

Finally,make sure that you reconfirm your Postal address and Direct

telephone number to them again to avoid any mistake on the Delivery and ask

them to give you the tracking number, after you have sent the Security

Kepping Fee to them,to enable you track your package over there and know

when it will get to your door step so that you can sign on it.

Let me repeat again,contact them as soon as you receive this mail
and ask them how you will make the security fee of $100USD to them to avoid
any further delay any remember to pay them their Security Keeping fee of

$100USD for their immediate action.

NOTE:The Fedex EXPRESS COURIER COMPANY don't know the content of the Box. I

registered it as a BOX of Africa cloths.They dont know the contents is money

this is to avoid them delaying with the BOX. Don't let them know that your

box content is money okay.

Mrs.Jessica Brown

MaxIBoy
December 31st, 2008, 05:05 AM

wolfen69
December 31st, 2008, 05:16 AM
my girlfriend just got one from some "lady" in england that needs help with her inheritance. these things will not go away.

koffeinöverdos
December 31st, 2008, 05:27 AM
You all get the amusing stuff.
I just get like 300 ****** promos per day.

Lostincyberspace
December 31st, 2008, 06:54 AM
What only 300!, I have a spam box full of them around 4000, from only the last couple of days.

But I know how you feel this was my first one, I kind of feel like taking and making another account and replying just to be able to get some more.

Sealbhach
December 31st, 2008, 06:56 AM
This woman handed over $400,000

http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology/2008/nov/15/internet-usa

There's a website call 419eater where they try to make the scammers do silly things.

SonnHalter
December 31st, 2008, 06:59 AM
I one the brazillian lottery (72 milli usd) once when i was 7.

Grant A.
December 31st, 2008, 08:47 AM

I got one once saying that a guy inherited $4.56 Million worth of ****** and he needed a place to keep it all, until he could transfer it to his "storage unit". :lol:

Dixon Bainbridge
December 31st, 2008, 11:35 AM
im constantly amazed at the sheer number of rich people that keep dying with no inheritors.

Swagman
December 31st, 2008, 11:44 AM
lol

I checked my BTYahoo Spam box and found I had been spammed by myself ????
Considering I only use Evolution in Ubuntu, it kind of had me concerned ie: Have I allowed something I shouldn't ?

n2dabloo
December 31st, 2008, 02:04 PM
60 Minutes has done documentaries on this very thing. It's known as a "419", Nigerian code for internet fraud. An earlier poster hit the nail on the head when he said the people that fall for this are greedy. I have no sympathy for 'em. I'm an American ship captain working along the west coast of Africa, based out of Nigeria for the time being :(. This country (Nigeria) often makes the top 10 in the list of most corrupt countries, as per Transparency International : http://www.transparency.org/policy_research/surveys_indices/cpi/2008 Be suspect of ANY email coming from there, well, except mine, lol.

Lostincyberspace
December 31st, 2008, 05:30 PM
im constantly amazed at the sheer number of rich people that keep dying with no inheritors.

Well in real life there are quite a few, but most of them just leave their money in banks(preferably Swiss).

wmcbrine
January 1st, 2009, 03:30 AM
I checked my BTYahoo Spam box and found I had been spammed by myself ????
Considering I only use Evolution in Ubuntu, it kind of had me concerned ie: Have I allowed something I shouldn't ?Nothing to worry about; they just used your address improperly. It's common to get spam "from" yourself. There's no validation on the "From:" field; any message can pretend to be from anyone.

infoseeker
January 1st, 2009, 11:26 AM
I feel sorry for the websites who would legitimately offer the 1-millionth (or whatever) page viewer a reward of some sort. Anyone seeing these offers nowadays will no doubt (?) just ignore them.

Swagman
January 1st, 2009, 11:41 AM
Nothing to worry about; they just used your address improperly. It's common to get spam "from" yourself. There's no validation on the "From:" field; any message can pretend to be from anyone.

Cheers for that reassurance.