PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Ubuntu Studio 8.04.1 installation from pen drive problems

cab_bae
December 29th, 2008, 03:20 PM
Ok I have:

Gateway MX3410 notebook
70gb gb hard drive
2gb ram
AMD Turion(tm) 64 X2 Mobile Technology TL-50

I'm using a my multi card reader with a 2gb sony Memory stick Pro Duo which has the Ubuntu Studio 8.04.1 release on it. The program I used to prepare the stick was : "unetbootin-linux-304". I have been able to boot from a couple of my Pen Drives. Now the problem I'm having is that once I boot in and start the installation process in Ubuntu Studio it wants to mount from Cd Drive. The thing is that it boots from the Pen Drive, goes to the installation menu but when it goes to the actual installation process it wants to mount the image from Cd Drive. Now I was thinking maybe I could do this manually from the execute shell option and start the necessary files manually but don't know how if someone could point me in the right direction would be greatly appreciated? Or if there is another way please tell. BTW I was able to put a normal Ubuntu 8.04.1 and Devubuntu 6... release and go into to live cd by booting from another pen drive that I have but haven't tried installing them yet... thanks in advance!!!

Edit*
Anyone have any ideas???