PDA

View Full Version : Problems with Asus P5 MBoard

borfil
December 29th, 2008, 10:12 AM
I have an Asus P5 MB with a Pentium D intel 3ghz , 2 gig of Ram, but I can only load Fedora, and once it is loaded it will not run. Kubuntu and Ubuntu don not do a thing, I can get them to even install . I have tried inside windows, and on their own HD as a second independenly OS but nothing.. While all other PC I have do not have problem loading any of the Linux programs.
I don't care much for Fedora, and like either Ubuntu or Kubuntu much better. What can I do? Any work around found with the Asus P5 Board?

3rdalbum
December 29th, 2008, 11:13 AM
Is it just called the P5, or does it have another letter or series of letters after it?

I have a P5K Premium which works fine with Ubuntu.

borfil
December 31st, 2008, 01:59 PM
Its a Asus P5 GZ-MX with an Intel Dual Core Pentium D 2 gig of ram, an nvidia 7500 256 meg a 320 sats hd and a 180 ide hd, I have tryid all kinds of combinations, but still it tell me that the sata driver cant be mount . I read that something about reconfiguting the conf file and place the boot files in the chroot directory, but I just discover Ubuntu about 2 month ago and have fall in love with it. I have 6 other pc all have been migrated to ubuntu or kubuntu, and they are all running fine. I have learn a lot and have change my way of thinking after almost 30 with MS. But still have lots to go.
I understand the issue is with the loading of the kernel and the driver for sata, that by the time they are to be loaded they cant be found because the loader is searching in a different area., But that is jus something I read and I speculate that might be happenint to my pc. is the only one with the problem.
As a matter of fact, we will be changing all our all pc which are over 3 years, all are AMD with Biostar MB and did not had any problem loading and having any of my hardware even on the 2 Pentium D dual coer using Biostar, but this one with the Asus P5 GZ-MX is the pain in the but.