PDA

View Full Version : i've suffered a tremendous loss

chucky chuckaluck
December 29th, 2008, 01:52 AM
the patriots season appears...sniff... to be over. who will mourn with me?

tpe11etier
December 29th, 2008, 01:59 AM
As my first post, I will mourn with you...

Who woulda thunk we'd miss the playoffs going 11-5 with Matt cassel? :confused:

lundish
December 29th, 2008, 02:00 AM

I wish I could. but i have no idea what/who patriots are ?
I hope it is not just a fancy word for "winter". If it was, I also would feel for :)

benny bronx
December 29th, 2008, 02:04 AM
After the run you guys had, I don't think you will get much sympathy from non-pat fans. That was some crazy weather up in Buffalo, though.

chucky chuckaluck
December 29th, 2008, 02:09 AM
if san diego makes the playoffs, i'll blow my head off.

mamamia88
December 29th, 2008, 02:14 AM
I can't mourn for you i'm a Colts fan

chucky chuckaluck
December 29th, 2008, 02:45 AM

in that case, i mourn for you.

mamamia88
December 29th, 2008, 02:55 AM
in that case, i mourn for you.

why 9 straight heading into the playoffs and we get the winner of the weakest division in football

Valok
December 29th, 2008, 02:59 AM
right there with ya =(

melojo
December 29th, 2008, 03:10 AM

Colts fan here too

Koori23
December 29th, 2008, 03:13 AM

Sorry man, you'll get nothing from me.. I wanted them to have Detroit's season.. I didn't get my wish.

MikeTheC
December 29th, 2008, 03:21 AM
Not really into sports myself, but I guess you have my condolences, for whatever that's worth.

ajcham
December 29th, 2008, 03:49 AM
if san diego makes the playoffs, i'll blow my head off.
I'm watching the Chargers game now (live NFL is about the only thing Channel Five is good for). In view of the HT score, I'd suggest someone needs to hide your ammo!

chucky chuckaluck
December 29th, 2008, 03:55 AM
I'm watching the Chargers game now (live NFL is about the only thing Channel Five is good for). In view of the HT score, I'd suggest someone needs to hide your ammo!

now that i've calmed down, i realize carolina still has a chance.

steveneddy
December 29th, 2008, 04:05 AM

I just don't watch that much basketball, I guess.

Are they the purple ones?

chucky chuckaluck
December 29th, 2008, 04:09 AM
I just don't watch that much basketball, I guess.

Are they the purple ones?

you're thinking curling, i think.

steveneddy
January 1st, 2009, 02:19 PM
you're thinking curling, i think.

curling - that's the name of a sport?

is it like basketball?

mark
January 1st, 2009, 02:27 PM
Curling...it came from Scotland. The same place that gave us golf (which I curse every time I see any reference to because an arterial disease makes me unable to play). Actually, I'm an old-time Browns fan (woof, woof!)...but don't mind me. I know nothing of the current teams/game...

Mark

glotz
January 1st, 2009, 02:37 PM
Lemme guess, memory? Don't worry, a lot of people made similar discovery today.

nebu
January 1st, 2009, 02:41 PM
I wish I could. but i have no idea what/who patriots are ?
I hope it is not just a fancy word for "winter". If it was, I also would feel for :)
i concur....

chucky chuckaluck
January 1st, 2009, 02:58 PM
curling - that's the name of a sport?

no, it's the name of a game.

forrestcupp
January 1st, 2009, 05:00 PM
Forget the Patriots. Go Colts!

It's amazing that the Colts have the 2nd best record in the AFC, yet we're still a wildcard team. I think it's our year again for the Superbowl.

LOL
It's hard to call sweeping ice a sport. Do you remember that movie that was about a curling team?

kjb34
January 1st, 2009, 05:46 PM
I have no sympathy for you.I'm Jets fan but i was cheering for the Dolphins on Sunday cause i would rather see the fins make the playoffs than the pats.

gn2
January 1st, 2009, 07:23 PM

Curling (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Curling) is a recognised olympic sport, unlike the derivative of rugby played in North America.

Ah Bonnie Scotland, we have given the world so much (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scottish_inventions).

notwen
January 2nd, 2009, 08:00 AM
heh, who dey !! you will get no sympathy from me. =]

Frak
January 2nd, 2009, 09:04 AM
*taps*

bufsabre666
January 2nd, 2009, 10:41 AM
WOO go bills!!

oh.... wait....

nevermind....

freebeer
January 3rd, 2009, 12:33 AM
Yay! No Pats in the playoffs!

I've been a long-time anti-Pats team going on a few decades now. My dislike for them stems from an incident in the mid-80's. You see, Miami and Buffalo were playing the last game of the season. The winner is in the playoffs and the loser is out (no wildcard chance). Classic Jim Kelly vs Dan Marino matchup!

Meanwhile, the Pats that year were something like 2-11 and they were due to play someone equally useless... clash of the Titans it was not.

What did I get to watch? Yep.. the dumb Pats game that meant absolutely nothing to anyone anywhere. Stupid networks broadcasting contracts.

xArv3nx
January 3rd, 2009, 12:43 AM
I'm a Panthers fan, and they have one of the best (if not the best) offenses out there. Steve Smith is killer.

The only problem is the defense, we have a decent defense, but in the second half they get tired or something and give up so much points.

if you watched them enough, you'll see that its been happening for a long time, since as far as i can remember. thats why i hate watching them play. =/

i live in north carolina, panthers ftw.

smartboyathome
January 3rd, 2009, 02:49 AM
I don't follow football much, but since they are the regional team here, I root for Seahawks. I kind of lost interest in sports though when the Sonics left and the rest of the local teams started failing almost simultameously. :|

chucky chuckaluck
January 3rd, 2009, 03:13 AM
Curling (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Curling) is a recognised olympic sport,

yeah? so's badminton.

ajcham
January 3rd, 2009, 03:15 AM
yeah? so's badminton.

What's your point?

gn2
January 3rd, 2009, 12:34 PM
yeah? so's badminton.

But you claimed that curling isn't a sport and that it's a game.

You appear to have been wrong, curling is very definitely a sport.

forrestcupp
January 3rd, 2009, 03:28 PM
yeah? so's badminton.

So is ballroom dancing! :lol:

Today, I don't think the Olympics necessarily qualifies something as a sport.

ubuntu-freak
January 3rd, 2009, 05:09 PM
I thought you had a death in your family or something. Numpty! :)

chucky chuckaluck
January 3rd, 2009, 06:59 PM

it depends on your definition of a sport. either as a sport, or game, i would define curling as unwatchable.

amazingtaters
January 3rd, 2009, 08:34 PM

I'll mourn. Of course, it's been a season of mourning for Kansas City Chiefs fans. So many setbacks this season, from what should have been a promising year.:(

cardinals_fan
January 3rd, 2009, 08:39 PM

...and a fairly epic sport at that. What other sport requires the extensive use of a broom?

amazingtaters
January 3rd, 2009, 08:54 PM
...and a fairly epic sport at that. What other sport requires the extensive use of a broom?

Competitive janitoring.

Frak
January 3rd, 2009, 09:02 PM
Competitive janitoring.
:lolflag:

To me, anything thats basis is on luck of the draw is considered a game. Everything else that needs some sort of skill is a sport.

chucky chuckaluck
January 3rd, 2009, 09:16 PM
To me, anything thats basis is on luck of the draw is considered a game. Everything else that needs some sort of skill is a sport.

golf takes quite a bit of skill, but i don't know if i'd call it a sport (old fat guys can play it, making up most of my golfing buddies). to me, sports require athleticism and are judged objectively (this eliminates diving, figure skating and anything else that has such a tremendous degree of subjective judgement involved, no matter how athletic it may be).

amazingtaters, you had a rough year. i had larry johnson on one of my fantasy teams and he wasn't exactly a bright spot. have they fired edwards yet?

gn2
January 4th, 2009, 12:21 AM
it depends on your definition of a sport. either as a sport, or game, i would define curling as unwatchable.

Each to their own I suppose.

chucky chuckaluck
January 4th, 2009, 12:26 AM
Each to their own I suppose.

good luck with the upcoming curling season, if that's the appropriate terminology.

gn2
January 4th, 2009, 12:51 AM
good luck with the upcoming curling season, if that's the appropriate terminology.

It's played year round on indoor rinks, but it's not something I follow.

Just had to leap to it's defence due to stupid national pride.

When American football was first screened on TV here in the 80's it was quite popular but interest has waned somewhat.

I used to like the Cincinnati Bengals. Their next trip to the superbowl could be third time lucky after two very narrow defeats, who knows what the future will bring.

As for Scottish football, Clydebank were the team I supported as a kid and used to go to with my grandfather.
They went bust long ago.
In 1996 the crooks that owned the club sold off the stadium for a supermarket development and never built the promised new stadium.
Rotten swines.

So no matter how bad your team do, be thankful that you still have a team.

All I have are memories of going to Kilbowie Park (http://www.netcomuk.co.uk/~jblair/groundsfornostalgia/bayview2.jpg) with my grandfather.
Both are gone now.

chucky chuckaluck
January 4th, 2009, 01:03 AM
II used to like the Cincinnati Bengals. Their next trip to the superbowl could be third time lucky after two very narrow defeats, who knows what the future will bring.

they could get another shot around 2049 (assuming they finally get rid of marv lewis).