PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Intrepid: How to manually select software durring installation

john 44
December 28th, 2008, 07:23 PM
All the Ubuntu 8.10 cds/dvds I've tried don't allow manually selecting software by default. They go right by the "Select and install software" prompt.

How can I enable manual selection of software during installation when booting from the cd or dvd?

oilchangeguy
December 28th, 2008, 08:51 PM
All the Ubuntu 8.10 cds/dvds I've tried don't allow manually selecting software by default. They go right by the "Select and install software" prompt.

How can I enable manual selection of software during installation when booting from the cd or dvd?

what is it, that you're wanting not to install?

john 44
December 29th, 2008, 03:49 AM
OpenOffice suite for 1 thing. I see no point in installing it if I don't want to keep it.

But you did not answer my general question:

maybeway36
December 29th, 2008, 03:54 AM
Short answer: you can't.
Long answer: install the CLI version from the alternate CD. Go to aptitude and install ubuntu-desktop, then deselect the packages you don't want before applying changes.

john 44
December 29th, 2008, 03:58 AM
Short answer: you can't.
Long answer: install the CLI version from the alternate CD. Go to aptitude and install ubuntu-desktop, then deselect the packages you don't want before applying changes.

Ok, thanks!