PDA

View Full Version : Help backing up files

perl20
December 28th, 2008, 05:58 PM
Hi I want to backup the files I have in Ubuntu OS and save them to a CD-R, can someone show me how to do this in the simplest way, please. Thank You so much.

quinnten83
December 28th, 2008, 06:44 PM
motion to move this thread to absolute beginners forum.

OK. What exactly did you have in mind? Do you simply want to burn some files or backup your entire configuration?
Do you have a separate home partition?

HermanAB
December 28th, 2008, 08:35 PM
K3B

Click-drag-drop

perl20
December 28th, 2008, 08:54 PM
I want to change the operating system to Windows XP. I just need some free space to install Windows. I tried using the synaptic option to remove some files for good, but it dosen't let me click on the apply option. Does anyone knows how to delete this stuff so that I have space to install Windows. I've been having problems with Ubuntu repeatedly and I want to Install Windows XP. Please help. thank you.

gettinoriginal
December 28th, 2008, 09:17 PM
Is your HD full ?? You need to repartition your HD, not delete files. You can burn a gparted disk to do this, and it will not repartition while the OS is mounted.

perl20
December 28th, 2008, 09:23 PM
No the HD has like 600 megabites of free space (I bought a Dell mini 9) and they don't come with much disk space. How do I do all the stuff you just mentioned?:(

gettinoriginal
December 28th, 2008, 09:59 PM
Dell mini has limited HD, a minimum windows installation uses 5G.

Kinetic Being
December 28th, 2008, 10:01 PM
Just install Windows normally. It will automatically delete everything on the hard drive if you don't tell it to save anything...