PDA

View Full Version : What you can and can't take on an airplane. Master list

linuxguymarshall
December 27th, 2008, 11:28 PM
Ok I am going on an airplane in a few days which is really nothing special except that all the peripherals I bought for my laptop are bluetooth. Mouse, headphones/headset, etc.

After much Googling I could not find a list of electronic devices that are allowed and not allowed so I am going to make one.

Just throwing a few up here.

ALLOWED-

Laptops (Wi-Fi Off)
Portable entertainment e.g. iPods, GameBoys, etc. (Wi-fi off)
Cell Phones (Set into airplane mode or take out SIM card to force airplane mode)

NEVER ALLOWED-

AK-47s
C4
Chlorine/Mustard Gas
Snakes
Non-functional laptops with gun powder residue

Just a few. Post yours and I will add them

speedwell68
December 27th, 2008, 11:35 PM
AK47s, you aren't allowed them on a plane.:D

linuxguymarshall
December 27th, 2008, 11:39 PM
very true. added.

Kingsley
December 27th, 2008, 11:53 PM
I heard that toothpaste isn't allowed.

Dr Small
December 27th, 2008, 11:55 PM
Utility knives are allowed, if you sneak them pass security.

linuxguymarshall
December 28th, 2008, 07:00 AM
Utility knives are allowed, if you sneak them pass security.

How do you go about doing this? I think they would probably catch you.

But I have always thought how easy it would be to get a pocket knife through security at a busy airport like Atlanta, Newark, Chicago, Copenhagen, Charles deGuall etc. by throwing it over the scanner to an accomplice.

gletob
December 28th, 2008, 07:31 AM
You're not allowed to take Marijuana, Cocaine, or Heroin on a plane.

linuxguymarshall
December 28th, 2008, 07:39 AM

How exactly are they going to stop you? They dont keep drug dogs at an airport. only bomb dogs and thats only in very large airports.

ratmandall
December 28th, 2008, 07:40 AM

Maybe this would work, grab a hard drive case put Marijuana in it then put it in your laptop.

earthpigg
December 28th, 2008, 07:41 AM
Snakes are not allowed to be brought on the plane.

gletob
December 28th, 2008, 07:44 AM
Maybe this would work, grab a hard drive case put Marijuana in it then put it in your laptop.

Only if it's open source.

BTW I am tired of these mother ******* snake on this mother ******* plane!

earthpigg
December 28th, 2008, 08:49 AM

ive been asked to turn my laptop on in order to verify that it was indeed a functional laptop before.

it had gunpowder residue on it because... well, cuz i was playing with guns a day or two prior.

...which somehow astounded and baffled their French minds at Charles de Gaulle International.

Dr Small
December 28th, 2008, 05:19 PM

There's always the chance of being caught if you look suspicious, but most airport security is security theater.

Eisenwinter
December 28th, 2008, 08:20 PM
heh, there was a case in Israel about a month ago, some dude came back from India, with hashish.

where did he hide it? he wrapped it up really tight, and swallowed the packs, took them all the way from India to Israel like this.

I think someone ratted him out, or they were suspecting him, because the cops got him a second after he got off the plane.

forest1102
August 21st, 2009, 03:12 AM
Good post. I appreciate it:popcorn:

demande simulation pret personnel en ligne (http://simulationpretpersonnel.com) - Pret personnel en ligne et de comparer les meilleurs taux afin de... La demande de prêt personnelen lignedemande simulation pret personnel en ligne (http://simulationpretpersonnel.com)

Tamalin
August 21st, 2009, 03:15 AM
You can't really carry hostages into a plane, and that would be pretty hard to sneak past security.

quazi
August 21st, 2009, 05:07 AM

But I have always thought how easy it would be to get a pocket knife through security at a busy airport like Atlanta, Newark, Chicago, Copenhagen, Charles deGuall etc. by throwing it over the scanner to an accomplice.

False. All you do is put it on your keychain and toss it in the bin with the rest of your keys. I'm too lazy to take it off and security has yet to catch it. Don't let Al Qaeda know!

razorboy5
August 21st, 2009, 05:15 AM
i had to throw out my hair gel before i boarded my plane in Toronto... was very embarassing and the lady had to be rude about it T__T

geekygirl
August 21st, 2009, 05:21 AM
Well you cannot take fireworks on a plane....or have a barbeque on a plane either..something about open flames.....

I hear that you cannot take more the 20kg of luggage on a plane...now I ask, what if you work in the lead industry and wanted to take some of your work home with you?...

:P

running_rabbit07
August 21st, 2009, 05:25 AM
My sig says it all. They rush me out of the way.

MikeTheC
August 21st, 2009, 05:48 AM
I heard that toothpaste isn't allowed.

http://static.howstuffworks.com/gif/ultrasound-teeth-news-1.jpg

"Yeah, tell me about it."