PDA

View Full Version : find all your posts on Google!!!

SonnHalter
December 27th, 2008, 05:36 PM
i was messing around with google. and just for kicks and giggles i typed my location in and everything that came up was my posts! my location is put as 127.000.00.0 if your that lazy to just look at the left of your screen.

CHECK THIS OUT

Nepherte
December 27th, 2008, 05:38 PM
I suggest you resize your screenshot :)

Giant Speck
December 27th, 2008, 05:41 PM
I suggest you resize your screenshot :)

Better yet, upload it as an attachment.

SonnHalter
December 27th, 2008, 05:44 PM
you take fun out of threads :'(

Giant Speck
December 27th, 2008, 05:46 PM
you take fun out of threads :'(

No we don't. We just don't like seeing a gigantic screenshot stretching out the page.

SonnHalter
December 27th, 2008, 05:50 PM
GET BACK ON TRACK!!!!!

i don't think it may work for some people if their location is too widely used.

Giant Speck
December 27th, 2008, 05:53 PM
GET BACK ON TRACK!!!!!

i don't think it may work for some people if their location is too widely used.

No, but I imagine if you went into the User CP and changed your location to something extremely unique and complex, it would only bring up those results when Googling.

I'm going to experiment with this and get back to you.

67GTA
December 27th, 2008, 06:06 PM
How would one find their "Location"?

Giant Speck
December 27th, 2008, 06:08 PM
Well, my original experiment (changing my location to "ddjshfkдк" and then searching for "ddjshfkдк" on Google) didn't work, but I found something that seems to work.

Enter the following into Google, replacing my nickname for your own:

"Giant Speck's avatar" site:ubuntuforums.org

Every single one of your posts contains this exact phrase. It's the alternative text that the webpage shows if something happens and you are unable to view the image itself. Since Google doesn't show images in its results, it shows this phrase instead.

According to Google, I have approximately 1,140 posts on Ubuntuforums, counting the ones that are not in support forums.

Giant Speck
December 27th, 2008, 06:09 PM
How would one find their "Location"?

User CP --> Edit Your Details --> Where You Live

urukrama
December 27th, 2008, 06:51 PM
Why don't you just use the forum's "Find all your posts" search (under "Search" at the top of the screen)?

Giant Speck
December 27th, 2008, 06:58 PM
Why don't you just use the forum's "Find all your posts" search (under "Search" at the top of the screen)?

Because that only shows the 250 most recent posts.

Lostincyberspace
December 27th, 2008, 10:14 PM
Well, my original experiment (changing my location to "ddjshfkдк" and then searching for "ddjshfkдк" on Google) didn't work, but I found something that seems to work.

Enter the following into Google, replacing my nickname for your own:

"Giant Speck's avatar" site:ubuntuforums.orgEvery single one of your posts contains this exact phrase. It's the alternative text that the webpage shows if something happens and you are unable to view the image itself. Since Google doesn't show images in its results, it shows this phrase instead.

According to Google, I have approximately 1,140 posts on Ubuntuforums, counting the ones that are not in support forums.

I get this:

We're sorry...

... but your query looks similar to automated requests from a computer virus or spyware application. To protect our users, we can't process your request right now.
We'll restore your access as quickly as possible, so try again soon. In the meantime, if you suspect that your computer or network has been infected, you might want to run a virus checker (http://www.download.com/Antivirus/3150-2239-0.html) or spyware remover (http://www.download.com/sort/3150-8022-0-1-4.html) to make sure that your systems are free of viruses and other spurious software.
If you're continually receiving this error, you may be able to resolve the problem by deleting your Google cookie and revisiting Google. For browser-specific instructions, please consult your browser's online support center.
If your entire network is affected, more information is available in the Google Web Search Help Center (http://www.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?answer=86640).
We apologize for the inconvenience, and hope we'll see you again on Google.

I have screen-shot too.

Giant Speck
December 27th, 2008, 10:51 PM
Well, that's weird...

I don't know what else to say about that.

SonnHalter
December 27th, 2008, 11:09 PM
just type "user's avatar" ubuntu forums

Kingsley
December 28th, 2008, 12:43 AM
I think a search query for "site:ubuntuforums.org your username" might work just as well.

Giant Speck
December 28th, 2008, 12:51 AM
I think a search query for "site:ubuntuforums.org your username" might work just as well.

Yes, but that will also bring up any time your name was mentioned in someone else's posts, including being quoted.