PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Pidgin lag issues.

leonhart83
December 27th, 2008, 03:03 PM
After a re-install of Ubuntu on my PC I am having issues with pidgin It seems to hang and not recover when I open a chat window or reply etc. As I have said before I am new, so is there anyway that you can perform troubleshooting on separate apps in Ubuntu? I was going to trying uninstalling and reinstalling the application but it does not seem too easy (or safe) if you don't know what you are doing.

Is there an easy way to go about this? I have read a small amount about the synaptics manager but I haven't had any luck with this finding pidgin.

EDIT: I have attempted to reinstall. Will keep you posted.

EDIT: Reinstallation did not fix the issue. Once I send a message to someone on MSN the box when the keyboard input goes is unable to be selected. (mouse disappears when passing over). Application does not recover and needs to be forced to quit.

rudihawk
December 27th, 2008, 03:36 PM
Start pidgin from the terminal and leave it running for a while. Post the output here.

pidgin - in the terminal should launch it.Leave the terminal open. Do what what will replicate the lag and post the output from terminal (copy paste) here.

leonhart83
December 28th, 2008, 01:06 AM
Start pidgin from the terminal and leave it running for a while. Post the output here.

pidgin - in the terminal should launch it.Leave the terminal open. Do what what will replicate the lag and post the output from terminal (copy paste) here.

I have started the application in the terminal and replicated the lag. There was no output displayed on the terminal for me to paste. Do I need to enable this?

Thanks,

Micky