PDA

View Full Version : What alcohol do you drink on Christmas/New Year?

PryGuy
December 27th, 2008, 02:47 PM
Well, The topic explains all. What for me - I have three bottles for my family: White Horse, Campari Asti and Sierra Tequila. No bloody vodka or beer!!! As for Christmas (Orthodox Christians celebrate it on January 7th) I don't think it's right to drink much on that day, so I'll probably won't drink at all... Cocktail recipes would be great too :)

P.S. And Happy New Year to all of you!!!

insane_alien
December 27th, 2008, 03:10 PM
Wine, kopparberg pear cider, malt whiskey, vodka, rum, brandy.

not all at once though. i don't really get drunk because its so spread out and there's so much food. i wouldn't drive though.

PryGuy
December 27th, 2008, 03:15 PM
Hello Scotland! Your White Horse whiskey is what I really like (don't get me wrong :))! Yeah, I'm looking forward to see much food also. :)

damis648
December 27th, 2008, 03:16 PM
Champagne is all for me, and just a bit on Christmas and New Year's. I'm not old enough to drink. :(

MaindotC
December 27th, 2008, 03:17 PM
I don't drink but I serve idiots loads of alcohol at the gas station. Thank god I'm not working New Year's Eve. I can just see it now. People flooring it to my gas station at 11:51 pm, SCRAMBLING and fighting over one another to get another 30-pack of Keystone Light. Starting to get pissed off because the line is taking too long and they're afraid they'll get home at 12:01a. Losers and their alcohol, cigarettes, and lottery tickets. Yeah, going to be an interesting day.

Chame_Wizard
December 27th, 2008, 03:50 PM
Grant's Family Reserve(Scottish,40%)
:lolflag:.

melt
December 27th, 2008, 03:52 PM
i had red wine from italy

PryGuy
December 27th, 2008, 04:44 PM
By the way, I can recommend Torres Coronas (http://www.torres.es/eng/asp/nv_ficha.asp?Cod=4&Ficha=Producto) red wine. It has rich taste yet it's not expensive.

diablo75
December 27th, 2008, 04:47 PM
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/31/50918268_28a7f027f0.jpg?v=0
Tastes great and it's got more alcohol in it than a regular beer.

SuperSonic4
December 27th, 2008, 04:50 PM
Kopparberg pear cider, vodka

Ladies and gentleman we have a winner :KS

I have Kopparberg pear and screwdrivers

chucky chuckaluck
December 27th, 2008, 05:38 PM
this year, it was bourbon and red wine.

Swarms
December 27th, 2008, 06:29 PM
At Christmas i prefer to drink dark beer, dark rum and vodka. At New Years Eve i am going to drink tequila and expensive champagne when clock strikes twelve.

sicofante
December 27th, 2008, 07:20 PM
All of it ;-)

No, really, we have Ribeiro and Albarińo white wines from Galicia, Spain, and Ribera del Duero or Rioja red wines (both from Spain) for meals. Cava from Catalonia, Spain (cava is similar to champagne) for meals and desert. Some "aguardiente" (that's Galician grappa) goes with desert, too, and then everyone chooses its own liquor from the standard catalogue: whisky, gin, rhum, vodka, etc. usually in combination with a soft drink (i.e. gin & tonic, rhum & coke, vodka & orange, etc.)

Happy New Year everyone.

ddnev45
December 27th, 2008, 08:10 PM
Nothing alcoholic anymore; clean and sober going on 9 years now. I (seriously) owe my life to my wife.

A prosperous New Year to you all.

jpmelos
December 27th, 2008, 08:32 PM
Champagne for New Year's Eve, please!

jpittack
December 27th, 2008, 09:18 PM
At age 20, Santa Shakes for me (peppermint ice cream and egg nog or milk).

-grubby
December 27th, 2008, 09:27 PM
None of the above.

EnGorDiaz
December 27th, 2008, 09:33 PM
bourbon mofos

jocheem67
December 27th, 2008, 09:36 PM
http://img88.imageshack.us/img88/4291/200pxcervezaaffligemov0.th.jpg

Mjammie!!:)

jocheem67
December 27th, 2008, 09:43 PM
http://img88.imageshack.us/img88/8540/pilsener2rx5.th.jpg

And another mjammie!!!

The first is Belgian and the second one is a Dutch Beer.....

Oh I pity all you poor folks that will never be able to get a taste of the best of the best!

Well okay then, there's some pretty good Japanese stuff around too....
The worst however I drank in Australia.....:P ( nofi ofcourse...)

Kingsley
December 27th, 2008, 10:07 PM
None of the above. I'm not at school because of Winter Break. :)

markp1989
December 27th, 2008, 10:08 PM
vodka, punch, beer, after shock,

il drink prety much anything, except cider.

NE Key
December 27th, 2008, 10:12 PM
Ethanol.

I find the other alcohols disagree with me.

handy
December 28th, 2008, 02:25 AM
None.

Rokurosv
December 28th, 2008, 03:02 AM
Wine for dinner and then whisky sometime in the night. The wine sucked this xmas.

Corfy
December 28th, 2008, 03:36 AM
My wife and I plan to share a bottle of sparkling grape juice (http://www.welchs.com/products/juices-and-drinks/sparkling-juices/sparkling-juice-cocktail).

However, that is a non-alcoholic beverage. We don't drink alcohol (by personal preference).

KiwiNZ
December 28th, 2008, 03:38 AM
None , I don't drink Alcohol

seatex
December 28th, 2008, 03:17 PM
Crown Royal. Evan Williams with Coke, beer or margaritas the rest of the time. :)

PryGuy
December 28th, 2008, 03:21 PM
One of the coolest cocktails I like is White Horse whiskey + apple juice. :)

billgoldberg
December 28th, 2008, 03:22 PM
Well, The topic explains all. What for me - I have three bottles for my family: White Horse, Campari Asti and Sierra Tequila. No bloody vodka or beer!!! As for Christmas (Orthodox Christians celebrate it on January 7th) I don't think it's right to drink much on that day, so I'll probably won't drink at all... Cocktail recipes would be great too :)

P.S. And Happy New Year to all of you!!!

Well I start of the night with some champagne.

Then an hour before I go out to the party, I drink a few glasses of coke light to sober up a bit.

Once on the party I drink a few beers, and with a few I mean 20 or so.

seatex
December 28th, 2008, 03:44 PM
Oh, I forgot to mention. I do like a good Russian occasionally. Like Lebowski. :P

Yanz
December 28th, 2008, 04:59 PM
Rum and coke. X)

Delever
December 28th, 2008, 05:01 PM
Champagne xor Vodka xor else

torry_loon
December 30th, 2008, 10:41 PM
Anyone for Pimms?

y6FgBn)~v
December 30th, 2008, 10:48 PM
At age 20, Santa Shakes for me (peppermint ice cream and egg nog or milk).

Those sound really good. I think I may try one :o

andrek
December 30th, 2008, 10:58 PM
Beers and champagne

Dharmachakra
December 30th, 2008, 11:00 PM
At 17... I only get a glass or two of wine, which is perfectly fine with me. It's cheap wine too. I drank yellowtail pinot grigio from Harris Teeter on Christmas. It's pretty good though for ten dollar wine. Of course, I've only had maybe twenty different kinds of wine in my life.

SuperSonic4
December 30th, 2008, 11:02 PM
Anything and Everything really

PryGuy
December 31st, 2008, 08:24 AM
Oh, God! I caught a flu and I have to take antibiotics now. This means no alcohol on New Year for me... :(
...And I'm the guy who started this thread by the way, so ironic... :(

Happy New Year, people!!

TorqueyPete
January 2nd, 2009, 12:12 PM
None. :tongue:

Ladies and Gentlemen! We have the top prize winner!

:popcorn: :guitar:

Ok there was some in the xmas cake and the brandy butter, but I'll endure that cos I like cake and the bb is great with the xmas pudding! (Mind you, I probably butter and sugar mixed given the chance! LOL!)

I haven't liked the taste of alcohol since I was about 2/3 yrs old. When I was allowed to toddle around after several of my parents parties and finished off many of the left over glasses.
Made myself drunk, and very sick every time. http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j226/chashugh/gifs/vomit-smiley-020.gif
True story!

ithanium
January 2nd, 2009, 12:14 PM
coca cola does it count :D?

Happy new year guys!

Swagman
January 2nd, 2009, 12:23 PM
Re: What alcohol do you drink on Christmas/New Year?

answer = Lots

JDorfler
January 2nd, 2009, 12:37 PM
Johnny Walker Blue Label.

wylfing
January 2nd, 2009, 01:50 PM
I popped into this thread wondering if I should post "None," because I don't drink, and was interested to find a number other non-imbibers who had already posted as much. Cheers, fellows! (hoists coffee mug in salute)

my_key
January 2nd, 2009, 01:53 PM
Champagne and a nice bottle of red wine during dinner.

mips
January 2nd, 2009, 02:34 PM
Christmas day I had two ciders, New Years nothing.

tpe11etier
January 2nd, 2009, 03:13 PM
Started with Margarita's then switched to Captain & Diet Coke...

Joeb454
January 2nd, 2009, 03:53 PM
Whoever said Koppaberg Pear Cider, I salute thee ;)

But to whoever said Malt Whiskey, you made the right choice, you just can't beat it :D

Swarms
January 2nd, 2009, 04:24 PM
Oh, God! I caught a flu and I have to take antibiotics now. This means no alcohol on New Year for me... :(
...And I'm the guy who started this thread by the way, so ironic... :(

Happy New Year, people!!

You still can drink alcohol, you are just way more sensitive to it. :)

Erik Trybom
January 2nd, 2009, 04:35 PM
Let me see... I had wine for dinner, both red and white. Beer while waiting for the clock to strike. Champagne at the grand moment. Warm mulled wine (glögg) after watching the fireworks. Then it all becomes a bit hazy. I remember drinking most of the champagne bottle along with the few beers that I had left. Thank God I didn't touch the whisky.

Corfy
January 2nd, 2009, 04:38 PM
I caught a flu and I have to take antibiotics now.

Why are you taking antibiotics (which fights bacterial infections) for the flu (which is a viral infection)? That is a little like putting on a bullet proof vest to protect yourself from a chlorine gas cloud.

Kernel Sanders
January 2nd, 2009, 05:10 PM
I drank a few glasses of Champagne with Rasberries in :KS

Although if i'm honest I didn't enjoy it as I am really off alcohol these days. In my uni days I drank to excess pretty much all the time, and I think I may have sickened myself somehow? In any case, I have no desire to drink alcohol these days and rarely do. When I do it gives me a headache and stops me sleeping, so it't not exactly a pleasent experience.

My new years resolution is to fight peer pressure and just admit that I don't drink, rather than forcing myself to drink something alcoholic when i'd much rather have a coke or lemonade :KS

mips
January 2nd, 2009, 05:13 PM
Why are you taking antibiotics (which fights bacterial infections) for the flu (which is a viral infection)? That is a little like putting on a bullet proof vest to protect yourself from a chlorine gas cloud.

Sometimes the flu has side effects or causes other problems like throat & sinus infections. I had a bad case of it last year this time & it started as flu but quickly changed into something downright nasty & painfull for which antibiotics were perscribed.

PryGuy
January 2nd, 2009, 06:39 PM
Why are you taking antibiotics (which fights bacterial infections) for the flu (which is a viral infection)? That is a little like putting on a bullet proof vest to protect yourself from a chlorine gas cloud.Forgive me, my English fails me sometimes. I meant grippe of course, which is called flu also sometimes I guess. Had some tequila to fight it. :) Hope you all enjoyed your New Year!

%hMa@?b<C
January 2nd, 2009, 06:39 PM
I'm 17, and don't drink.

Corfy
January 2nd, 2009, 07:04 PM
Forgive me, my English fails me sometimes. I meant grippe of course, which is called flu also sometimes I guess. Had some tequila to fight it. :) Hope you all enjoyed your New Year!

Sorry... didn't mean to come off as being too harsh. It just seems that a lot of people are taking antibiotics unnecessarily ("I'm sick, I must need an antibiotic"), and are probably doing themselves more harm than good.

PryGuy
January 2nd, 2009, 07:40 PM
Sorry... didn't mean to come off as being too harsh. It just seems that a lot of people are taking antibiotics unnecessarily ("I'm sick, I must need an antibiotic"), and are probably doing themselves more harm than good.You don't have to say sorry, it's not harsh at all :) Yes, I know that antibiotics are very destructive in their nature. I wouldn't take it unless I had to.

ajcham
January 2nd, 2009, 08:01 PM
At New Year, I just had a few bottles of Budweiser (the proper Czech stuff, not the American one).

PryGuy
January 2nd, 2009, 08:48 PM
At New Year, I just had a few bottles of Budweiser (the proper Czech stuff, not the American one).I always thought Bud is originally a German beer... :confused:

MaxIBoy
January 2nd, 2009, 08:52 PM
About a quarter-inch of cognac in the glass...

Guitar John
January 2nd, 2009, 09:00 PM
On the increasingly rare occasions that I do indulge, it is usually Guiness or a shot of no particular brand of Irish whiskey. This year? None of either.

ghindo
January 2nd, 2009, 09:05 PM
I'm still a few years south of legal, so nothin' but a New Year's kiss for me :)

xpod
January 2nd, 2009, 09:44 PM
None,as strange as that might seem for a Scotsman.
If i did still partake though it would have been a nice 25Yr old Macallan`s Single Malt Whisky.

Ahh the memories:-\"