PDA

View Full Version : Connection

tbzep
December 27th, 2008, 10:02 AM
I just started getting an IP showing as connected, with no applications running of any kind other than Conky and what it takes to make Ubuntu sit idle. 204.8.90.43, comes back to ReadyTechs, LLC. It's been showing for the last 30 minutes.

I've never seen it show up before and there's nothing much showing when I google it. 99.9% of the time when I don't have a broweser open, I show no connections. The other tenth is usually and update coming downstream. The only thing I've changed lately is adding the Downloadhelper plugin to Firefox. Any ideas?

namdung
December 27th, 2008, 10:06 AM
I just started getting an IP showing as connected, with no applications running of any kind other than Conky and what it takes to make Ubuntu sit idle. 204.8.90.43, comes back to ReadyTechs, LLC. It's been showing for the last 30 minutes.

I've never seen it show up before and there's nothing much showing when I google it. 99.9% of the time when I don't have a broweser open, I show no connections. The other tenth is usually and update coming downstream. The only thing I've changed lately is adding the Downloadhelper plugin to Firefox. Any ideas?

I'm not able to understand ur issue. More details & screenshots will help.

rudihawk
December 27th, 2008, 10:48 AM
I am trying to crack you. Don't be afraid.

tbzep
December 27th, 2008, 04:19 PM
I'm not able to understand ur issue. More details & screenshots will help.

The IP I mentioned was sending and receiving small amounts of data to my Intrepid box last night for over 20 minutes. I've never seen that IP show up before, and to make things more interesting, no applications were running that should connect with the internet. When I started Firefox to make the original post, the usual IP's showed up, and the 204.8.90.43 IP stayed there. I didn't get rid of it until I rebooted the system.

I was used to seeing all kinds of extra unsolicited activity when I ran Windows with all the spyware, XP/Vista calling home, etc. Never noticed it with Ubuntu outside of the occasional update.