PDA

View Full Version : Ubuntu Sticker Redistribution

alecjw
December 27th, 2008, 02:53 AM
Hey there ubuntu-UK, I know I've been absent from the team for a while, but I have a proposition for you all :)
I'm currently in the process of plastering the back of my laptop with stickers, and I feel the need for an Ubuntu one such as these (https://shop.canonical.com/product_info.php?products_id=125&osCsid=50615440e5f8639a0a63d7beb2d9f5aa). The thing is that's all I wanted from the store and it wants to charge me 5.18 shipping on my 49p order.
Is anyone else in that position? If so, here's my proposition. Let me know in this thread or via pm or something if you want any. If I can find enough takers, I can order a few (you still pay the same shipping no matter how many you get) and then mail on individual orders by 2nd class mail.
The overall cost for shipping would be 27p (or 42p depending on how big the sticker sheets are) for 2nd class postage and a small fraction of the 5.18.

If you don't trust me not to run off with your money, I might be able to let you pay after you receive it (depending in whether or not I recognize your name)

alecjw
December 27th, 2008, 01:31 PM
Also you can catch me on freenode. I'm lurking in #ubuntu-uk

ibutho
December 27th, 2008, 01:43 PM
The postage fee is really what puts me off buying small items from the canonical store. Anyway, I have lots of Ubuntu stickers and it you would like me to send you some, send me a PM.

alecjw
December 27th, 2008, 04:41 PM
Ah right. If I don't get enough takers to make this viable, I'll arrange something with you then.

alecjw
December 28th, 2008, 12:29 AM
Hmm doesnt look like I'm gonna have many takers. I'll contact you via PM.