PDA

View Full Version : Why must Linux be so good?

taquit0
December 27th, 2008, 12:48 AM
So there I was at our family reunion on Christmas day, and my brother comes up to me and tells me that he is going to give me his laptop . And of course, silly me asks, "why?". He replies that he is sick of Windows and wants something that doesn't crash every half hour.

I asked my brother if he had ever tried Linux, and he said, "yea, my friend has it but I want something that is stable, and besides, Linux doesn't have any good programs!"

I'm sure you can guess what happened from there.

As you can only imagine, Linux (Ubuntu in particular) in all its greatness, destroyed my laptop.

fontis
December 27th, 2008, 12:52 AM
lol! :D

Eisenwinter
December 27th, 2008, 01:00 AM
Oh well... then start using Windows on it, see if you like that better

P.S: like dudes, I'm so drunk right now, I just spent the last 10 hours drinking beer, and MC'ing at a party, I beat boxed in front of these dudes, and it was awesome man, like totally awesome, too bad I can't use swear words here, man I'd be using them so much right now, to emphasize how awesome it was.

total respect to all, dudes. (oh, you're a mod? then feel free to delete or edit this post, it's completely insignificant)

magmon
December 27th, 2008, 01:52 AM
So there I was at our family reunion on Christmas day, and my brother comes up to me and tells me that he is going to give me his laptop . And of course, silly me asks, "why?". He replies that he is sick of Windows and wants something that doesn't crash every half hour.

I asked my brother if he had ever tried Linux, and he said, "yea, my friend has it but I want something that is stable, and besides, Linux doesn't have any good programs!"

I'm sure you can guess what happened from there.

As you can only imagine, Linux (Ubuntu in particular) in all its greatness, destroyed my laptop.

Linux has plenty of good apps, and Ive only had some programs maulfunction and force me to hard-shutdown. It doesnt just crash. (for me) Did you ask for help on the support forum?

taquit0
December 27th, 2008, 02:12 AM
Linux has plenty of good apps, and Ive only had some programs maulfunction and force me to hard-shutdown. It doesnt just crash. (for me) Did you ask for help on the support forum?

No, no, no, my bro was the one who is new to linux and I set him straight (and it cost me a free laptop).

MaxIBoy
December 27th, 2008, 02:15 AM
I have a plan:

Tell him he can get his laptop to run faster if he installs Gentoo.

Wintervenom
December 27th, 2008, 02:19 AM
Did you tell him about Wine?

magmon
December 27th, 2008, 02:19 AM
No, no, no, my bro was the one who is new to linux and I set him straight (and it cost me a free laptop).

Oh, right lol, I knew that. Good then xD

jpmelos
December 27th, 2008, 02:50 AM
Wow, haha! I can't believe an argue caused all this. xD

wolfen69
December 27th, 2008, 04:48 AM

well, you're a good brother then for not telling him about how linux really is, and then taking his laptop off his hands.

thraxy
December 27th, 2008, 04:58 AM
I have a plan:

Oh that's just pure evil:lolflag:

SuperSonic4
December 27th, 2008, 04:59 AM
I have a plan:

Seconded :lolflag:

obsrv
December 27th, 2008, 06:33 AM
OMG laptop destroyed? How that could happen? :O What kind of laptop it was?

MikeTheC
December 27th, 2008, 07:31 AM
I have a plan:

Seconded :lolflag:

Thirded... :lolflag:

oedipuss
December 27th, 2008, 12:14 PM
I have a plan:

Noooo it can backfire !

What if he likes it?
Then, by the time you get that laptop it'll be so old you might as well be using the antikythera mechanism.