PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Video no longer works

Tom Caudill
December 26th, 2008, 10:46 PM
I installed Ubuntu on new machine, all worked fine. Shut down machine and now video monitor says no signal from pc and hard drive runs constantly. What went wrong and how do I reset mother board so that I get back to bios.

infamous-online
December 27th, 2008, 01:29 AM
First off, what pc are you using? Specs? Video card and such? We can't begin to help if you don't give us enough information to work with.

Now about getting to the bios is simple, when you first power on the pc, there should be some commands on the screen like F2=ENTER SETUP or DEL=SETUP simply press the button in question and there you should in the bios.

Hope this helps.

linuxbastard
December 27th, 2008, 01:38 AM
Hi, as previously mentioned, we would need a better idea of what you're machine is.

If you are getting a "no signal" message on your monitor, you could check first that your video cable is plugged in tight and that your video card is also securely seated.

There are no interactions between the OS and your bios during the POS stage of your machine, so you should still get to a video test and then a motherboard test even before the OS boots. If you don't get even the video test usually it's an issue with cable or card.

Tom Caudill
December 27th, 2008, 08:11 PM
Thanks guys but I was able to figure it out for my self. Had to reloud all drivers and utilitys from motherboard set up disk
Thanks again