PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Constant CD Errors

HisServant77
December 26th, 2008, 09:01 PM
Hi Everyone,

I am earnestly trying to install Ubuntu onto a laptop I have whose HDD went out. (I'm wanting to install it onto an external so I can use the laptop.)

I go through the entire process of downloading, making sure the checks are done to ensure download integrity, and then going to install the OS onto my laptop.

However, I'm always having CD errors when I check for integrity! I burned several CDs through multiple computers and laptops (thinking it could just be the drive messing up) and yet still all I get is a neverending screen of errors!

Is there anything I can do to fix this? Can anyone help me? Am I doing something wrong somewhere along the line? I just can't seem to figure this out, even with the site documentation which I read!

I'm desperate for help here. I've been wanting Ubuntu on my laptop for over a year and after each attempt all I get is errors and more errors with the CD! I appreciate any and all help on this, and thank you in advance.

HisServant77
December 27th, 2008, 04:14 PM
Hope it's alright to kinda bump this up. I guess it was missed yesterday so . . . Here I ask again for much-needed help!

taurus
December 27th, 2008, 04:16 PM
So the download passed the integrity check. Now, how fast did you burn the ISO image? Try burning it at a slow speed, like 4x, if you could.