PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Upgrading to Hardy from Dapper

grognut
December 26th, 2008, 04:48 PM
Hi All and Seasonal Greetings,

I have a 6.06 server running and would like to run asp.net from it and use c# to produce pages.
So I put Dapper on a desktop and went through all the tutorials on setting up Mono and asp.net. All the demos worked except I could not get the MySql/Connector working. I have been informed that it will not work on Dapper and I need Hardy. This is where my woes began.
I did an update on my system and then did an upgrade. This did not work, amongst many errors it did warned me that it failed to install aptitude. In the end I had to do a re-install of Dapper from Cd because it lost all the font files.
I then got Apache2, PHP5 and Mysql running.
I did and upgrade. No luck this time, again lost all fonts so had no access to the machine.
So I installed from Hardy from CD.

Now I read that you can't use PHP and Mono/ASP.net on Hardy. A problem with the Apache2 builds.

So that's my story here are my questions.

Is the upgrade from Dapper to Hardy a problem, should I be upgrading to Fiesty as an intermediate? I read through the HowTos and it should have been a few mouse clicks.

Secondly: Can I run PHP5 and Mono/ASP.Net on Hardy?
If not then I must review my overall plan. Probably go back to using MySql++.

Best regards
grognut

PS On the plus side my HTTP/mail servers been running for approx 300 days without restart.

zvacet
December 26th, 2008, 06:06 PM
For server upgrade from Dapper to Hardy look here. (https://help.ubuntu.com/community/HardyUpgrades)

grognut
December 26th, 2008, 06:38 PM
Hi zvacet,

Thnks for the response.

I used this as the instructions but it didn't work, hence the post.

Has anyone else found problems? and solutions.

Cheers
grognut