PDA

View Full Version : I love Ingrid Michaelson.

TripleMerc
December 26th, 2008, 07:56 AM
So, for a very special gift this Christmas, I got 6 CD's from a friend of mine. He's really into music, and we're always sharing and trading albums. I'm giving him stuff like "You Say Party! We Say Die!", a Dance Punk band from Vancouver, or White Zombie, etc.

But, this time, it was a collection of 3 artists. Nerina Pallot's two albums, "Fires" and "Dear Frustrated Superstar", 2 fantastic albums which I recommend everyone listen to, there was a KT Tunstall album (it sucked), an Anna Nalick album (Not bad, actually.)

But, my favourite out of all of them, 2 albums from Ingrid Michaelson. "Girls and Boys" and "Be OK". I'd heard of Ingrid before, but I'd always written her off as being "faux-indietrash." But, I gave her a chance, and I am glad I did.

INGRID MICHAELSON. IS FREAKIN' AMAZING. I've always been into metal, rock, etc. with just an occasional dash of Sara Bareilles or Suzanne Vega. But man, this may have changed my whole perception of music. I can't put into words how great both albums were. I can only deeply recommend to everyone to buy them quickly.

On a side note, does anyone know a program to rip CD's to a computer, with tags for Ubuntu?

mips
December 26th, 2008, 08:42 AM
I can only deeply recommend to everyone to buy them quickly.

Went to have a listen on youtube and definately not my cup of tea.

I'm more of a Jack Johnson (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jack_Johnson_%28musician%29) type of guy, mellow peacefull vibes ;)

gn2
December 26th, 2008, 11:41 AM
On a side note, does anyone know a program to rip CD's to a computer, with tags for Ubuntu?

My personal favourite is Grip which can be configured so that when you insert the CD it rips and encodes and tags the tracks into the file type and bitrate of your choice in a folder which it names, all automatically with no user input, then it automatically spits the CD out when its done.