PDA

View Full Version : Pidgin Survey..

Dgurion
December 25th, 2008, 09:08 PM
Just wanted to let people know about a survey on the pidgin website. For those that didn't know about it.

http://www.pidgin.im/

It deals with general usability issues and some features that people have been asking for. If you use pidgin. or.. You'd like to, but its missing a feature that you can't live without. Now is your chance to voice your opinion. Sorry if this has been posted before. Just want to let people know about it.

rudihawk
December 25th, 2008, 09:53 PM
Thanks! I filled it in.

andras artois
December 25th, 2008, 10:07 PM
It needs voice and video chat support and then it will hands down be the best IM program in existance.

Dgurion
December 25th, 2008, 11:04 PM
It needs voice and video chat support and then it will hands down be the best IM program in existance.

In the survey it has a question about how important voice and video support is to you. You can fill it out and let the developers know that it IS something that users want. Lack of voice/video support is one of the few reasons that I can't switch to using only Ubuntu as my OS..

steeleyuk
December 25th, 2008, 11:22 PM
I am satisfied with the size of the chat input box

That question made me laugh... after the whole argument that led to forking.

Maxxtsch
December 26th, 2008, 01:17 AM
In the survey it has a question about how important voice and video support is to you. You can fill it out and let the developers know that it IS something that users want. Lack of voice/video support is one of the few reasons that I can't switch to using only Ubuntu as my OS..
Same here, as a hardcore gamer Vista is necessary.

init1
December 26th, 2008, 02:27 AM
Would it really be a big deal to have that resizable? It was nice feature in Gaim.

jrusso2
December 26th, 2008, 02:43 AM

This is really funny as they have ignored all user input for years and now all the sudden they want it?

Dgurion
December 26th, 2008, 04:20 AM
This is really funny as they have ignored all user input for years and now all the sudden they want it?

Well.. Better late than never.. Right? I also feel the same way. I know that people have asked them MANY times to include voice & video support. Or at least just voice. But.. They didn't care.. And there are many other examples.. Not just voice/video.. But.. At least they're asking for feedback NOW..

-grubby
December 26th, 2008, 04:32 AM
I took the survey... maybe they'll listen.

Dgurion
December 27th, 2008, 07:56 AM
I took the survey... maybe they'll listen.

Yeah.. I hope they do.. The more people contribute.. The better..

rudihawk
December 27th, 2008, 08:04 AM

It already is, here in SA there is so little bandwidth those features are irrelevant to me :lolflag:

khc
January 1st, 2009, 03:24 AM

early result indicates that vast majority of people don't mind the size of the new input box...

go_beep_yourself
January 1st, 2009, 08:32 AM
You can use amsn and Skype for webcam and Skype for voice in Linux. That's been working fine for me and small windows apps running with vmware unity, except the Skype doesn't support my webcam even though Linux does. amsn, motion and camorama work just fine with it.

fedex1993
January 1st, 2009, 08:36 AM
It needs video chat and maybe voice chat alogn with the video.

RichardLinx
January 1st, 2009, 09:30 AM
Voice and video chat would be great, I hope they add them in a future release. Even if they don't add them any time soon I'm quite happy with Pidgin as it is. :)

gettinoriginal
January 1st, 2009, 10:15 AM
Love Pidgin, but am forced to use GachE for video :( I tried aMSN, but it will not allow me to set up video.

Endolith
January 8th, 2009, 03:30 AM
Would it really be a big deal to have that resizable? It was nice feature in Gaim.

It is resizable! It resizes itself as you type. I really don't understand why anyone has a problem with this.