PDA

View Full Version : Migrate lpia to i386?

pienjo
December 24th, 2008, 09:49 PM
Hi,

Early november, I installed Ubuntu Netbook Remix using the UNR images. I'm using an Acer Aspire One, and the main reason I replaced the Linux installation that came with it is was the fact that its future looked grim. No security updates, hardly any software except by using repositories that could vanish off the planet any time soon.

Installing Ubuntu seemed to be the best option, especially the fabled Netbook Remix since it was The Best Thing. Granted, it looks pretty spiffy, and it mostly does what I want it to do, but I haven't seen a single security update since. In fact, the whole notion of 'lpia' seems to have vanished off the Ubuntu-planet, so I'm left out in the cold. It looks like there's only ONE repository that carries lpia (UNR's almost-but-not-quite spin on i386), and it's not even an ubuntu one either.

So, basicly, I'm exactly the same troubles that urged me to install Ubuntu to begin with, and I can't say that I'm really excited about this.

Is there an easy way to "fix" my -lpia install by replacing it with i386 packages instead? I'm not looking forward to reinstall everything.

roblloyd
March 15th, 2009, 06:15 PM
i'd be interested in this as well. Im after something slightly different thogh. I'm trying to integrate the use of a wiimote (controller for nintendo wii) into an Ubuntu environment. the big dumb buttons aproach seems to be the best way forward, so if you could imagine netbook remix on a big screen, thats the kind of thing im after.Unfortunately, netbook remix is still a bit clunky on i386.

Also, does anyone know where to get the packages to install the acer custom interface?

cheers