PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] apt-get conflict with libjack0 and JACK

martron88
December 24th, 2008, 08:52 PM
Hi all,

I just upgraded a number of packages and one that's refusing to finish is libjack0. So now apt-get is broken so I can't really install anything else until this is resolved. Basically libjack0 won't upgrade because it's trying to overwrite a file contained in the package jack-audio-connection-kit. This is probably happening because I installed a custom .deb a while ago that included some firewire stuff.

Anyway, I'm stuck at having this broken repository and would like to disable the upgrade of libjack or remove jack-audio-connection kit so that libjack0 can install properly. Here's what happens when I run "sudo apt-get -f install":

(Reading database ... 247530 files and directories currently installed.)
Preparing to replace libjack0 1.8+svn3036ubuntu1 (using .../libjack0_1.9.0-0ubuntu1_amd64.deb) ...
Unpacking replacement libjack0 ...
dpkg: error processing /var/cache/apt/archives/libjack0_1.9.0-0ubuntu1_amd64.deb (--unpack):
trying to overwrite `/usr/lib/libjack.so.0.1.0', which is also in package jack-audio-connection-kit
dpkg-deb: subprocess paste killed by signal (Broken pipe)
Preparing to replace jackd 1.8+svn3036ubuntu1 (using .../jackd_1.9.0-0ubuntu1_amd64.deb) ...
Unpacking replacement jackd ...
dpkg: error processing /var/cache/apt/archives/jackd_1.9.0-0ubuntu1_amd64.deb (--unpack):
trying to overwrite `/usr/bin/jackd', which is also in package jack-audio-connection-kit
Errors were encountered while processing:
/var/cache/apt/archives/libjack0_1.9.0-0ubuntu1_amd64.deb
/var/cache/apt/archives/jackd_1.9.0-0ubuntu1_amd64.deb
E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)

I'm not so up on apt-get syntax so if anyone has suggestions on how to force this to work right I'd appreciate suggestions.

Thanks

Partyboi2
December 25th, 2008, 12:01 AM
To remove jack-audio-connection-kit in a terminal

sudo apt-get remove jack-audio-connection-kit or

sudo apt-get remove --purge jack-audio-connection-kit to remove all the config files as well.Then

sudo apt-get -f install
sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get upgradeIf you still have a problem then try usig

marcelmasi
January 15th, 2009, 09:22 PM
I have the same problem. However, when I enter

sudo apt-get remove jack-audio-connection-kit

I get this:

Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
You might want to run `apt-get -f install' to correct these:
The following packages have unmet dependencies:
jackd: Depends: jack-audio-connection-kit (>= 1.8+svn3036ubuntu1) but it is not going to be installed
libjack0: Depends: jack-audio-connection-kit (>= 1.8+svn3036ubuntu1) but it is not going to be installed
libjack0.100.0-0: Depends: libjack0 (>= 1.9.0-0ubuntu1) but 1.8+svn3036ubuntu1 is to be installed
E: Unmet dependencies. Try 'apt-get -f install' with no packages (or specify a solution).

Typing
sudo apt-get -f install gives me this (I typed "y" twice):

Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
Correcting dependencies... Done
The following extra packages will be installed:
libjack0
The following packages will be upgraded:
libjack0
1 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 2 not upgraded.
1 not fully installed or removed.
Need to get 0B/87.9kB of archives.
After this operation, 233kB of additional disk space will be used.
Do you want to continue [Y/n]? Y
WARNING: The following packages cannot be authenticated!
libjack0
Install these packages without verification [y/N]? Y
(Reading database ... 317726 files and directories currently installed.)
Preparing to replace libjack0 1.8+svn3036ubuntu1 (using .../libjack0_1.9.0-0ubuntu1_i386.deb) ...
Unpacking replacement libjack0 ...
dpkg: error processing /var/cache/apt/archives/libjack0_1.9.0-0ubuntu1_i386.deb (--unpack):
trying to overwrite `/usr/lib/libjack.so.0.1.0', which is also in package jack-audio-connection-kit
dpkg-deb: subprocess paste killed by signal (Broken pipe)
Errors were encountered while processing:
/var/cache/apt/archives/libjack0_1.9.0-0ubuntu1_i386.deb
E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)

Can anyone help me how to get rid of this conflict?
Thanks a lot!

Partyboi2
January 16th, 2009, 01:19 AM
try to override the file.

sudo dpkg -i --force-overwrite /var/cache/apt/archives/libjack0_1.9.0-0ubuntu1_i386.deb then

sudo apt-get -f install