PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] xscreensaver 'ripples' screensaver problem

higashi
December 24th, 2008, 07:22 AM
I'm using xscreensaver and i Really want to use the ripples screensaver. i want to have it so that it makes ripples on my screen by taking a screenshot. i fixed the settings so that it should work fine.. but, instead, it fades to black and then does ripples.. well .. kind of.. you can kinda see my desktop and stuff in the background but really faded to black.
how can i get it to not fade to black at all?

thanks in advance.

squaregoldfish
December 24th, 2008, 10:00 AM
In the xscreensaver config dialog, click the Advanced tab. In the bottom right, there's the Fade To Black settings, which set how long the fade takes. Set both to zero and you should be set.

Steve.

higashi
December 24th, 2008, 08:26 PM
i tried, it didnt work. i also tried unchecking both fading to black options and it still faded.

squaregoldfish
December 26th, 2008, 06:33 PM
Hmm. Slightly lost for ideas.

Have you got something like gnome-screensaver or kscreensaver running at the same time as xscreensaver? If so, the two screensaver programs could be fighting each other.

Steve.

higashi
December 27th, 2008, 07:10 AM
nope, i made sure my gnome screensaver thing was disabled. Anyways, i just installed ubuntu 8.10 ultimate, so i havent played around with it yet, so i havent got any problems (...yet) thanks anyways. :]