PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Trying to Dual Boot Mac OS X Leopard

Roflmewafflez
December 24th, 2008, 07:20 AM
When running Ubuntu 8.10 on my HP Pavillion, Booting from the Instal Cd Doesn't work

Its not a compatibility error because I had Mac and Windows Vista as a dual boot before I installed Ubuntu

Is there anyway to fix that?

thegnark
December 24th, 2008, 07:24 AM
I'm going to assume that by "Doesn't work" means that the disc will not boot whatsoever, as in no menu comes up at all?

Are you sure the installation disc burned correctly? You may want to verify the disk contents. Also, double-check the boot order in your BIOS.

If the disc isn't even getting to the bootloader, there's only a few limited places that things can go wrong.

Roflmewafflez
December 24th, 2008, 07:34 AM
I'm going to assume that by "Doesn't work" means that the disc will not boot whatsoever, as in no menu comes up at all?

Are you sure the installation disc burned correctly? You may want to verify the disk contents. Also, double-check the boot order in your BIOS.

If the disc isn't even getting to the bootloader, there's only a few limited places that things can go wrong.

The it says that it is not bootable and goes back to Ubuntu but on my other computer it works fine