PDA

View Full Version : [xubuntu] Partition issue installing...

sasquatch1
December 24th, 2008, 04:38 AM
When installing ISO xubuntu-8.04.1-alternate-i386 everything seems to be going fine until I get to a screen that looks like:

!! Partition disks
??? ???

afterward it just gives me a blue screen of death. I copied the iso onto two different disks...same problem

Help?

Coder543
December 24th, 2008, 04:39 AM
firstly, do not copy the iso onto the discs. You must burn the iso to the disc. I've not used xubuntu so this is as far as my advice may go.

sasquatch1
December 24th, 2008, 04:56 AM
okay, my bad use of language..I did burn the ISO...it wouldn't have tried to install otherwise. Thanks though.

2hot6ft2
December 24th, 2008, 05:21 AM
When installing ISO xubuntu-8.04.1-alternate-i386 everything seems to be going fine until I get to a screen that looks like:

!! Partition disks
??? ???

afterward it just gives me a blue screen of death. I copied the iso onto two different disks...same problem

Help?
How much RAM do you have? Might be the drive too. Machine specs?

joe m.
April 6th, 2009, 11:37 PM
I am having this same problem. My install went through all the normal phases, I set my keyboard and all that jazz. And when i got to the partition section, bam! all i get is the blue screen of death.

I am working with an old computer. It's a pentium III that was running windows 98. I can't remember the exact diskspace. but my point in installing xubuntu was to get rid of windows 98 and just get a basic, modern, running operating system. please help.

Also, I have no problem deleting windows 98 if necessary.

thanks.