PDA

View Full Version : gastritis sucks!

jleewach
December 23rd, 2008, 10:04 PM
Has anyone ever been diagnosed w/ gastritis? I have had this unbelieveable pain in my stomach for about a month now & finally went to the doctor & he told me I had this crap. I had no idea it even existed, but apparently my stomach lining is inflammed. It feels like my stomach is melting, so I'm sure to enjoy my Christmas. :(

Just curious if anyone else has ever received that ambigious diagnosis & if so, how long will it take for my stomach to stop feeling like it's melting?

lykwydchykyn
December 23rd, 2008, 10:32 PM
I had stomach problems a few years ago, horrendous pain all the time. Doctors poked and prodded me every which way but never could put a concrete diagnosis together. Took down my faith in medical science several notches.

I work as a computer tech, and it's eerie when you realize your doctor is throwing out the medical equivalent of "defrag your hard drive and run chkdsk, and let me know if that fixes it".

davec64
December 23rd, 2008, 10:40 PM
My wife has just gone through the whole stomach pain thing!

They tested Wheat alergy/bowel cancer ewverything you can think of!

She had to have an Endoscopy.....not pleasent!

It turned out she has Irritable bowel and diverticulitus.

The diverticulitus was intersting, she prided herself on eating plenty of fruit and veg, lots of fibre etc. The trouble was too much rough fibre aggravates the diverticulitus. So she's changed to a porrer diet and things seem better!

It just seems daft when you eat healthy!