PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Ubuntu 8.10 on Geforce 7800GT OC.. still problems??

blockdude14
December 22nd, 2008, 11:45 AM
Ubuntu 8.10 on Geforce 7800GT OC.. still problems??
I am running a 64bit proc. I have a geforce nv 7800gt oc card. Boot screen works ok. Finnally. My problem is after the logon screen comes up, the mouse ends up on the right side and every time I move the mouse, it goes back to the right side of screen. Then when finally the desktop loads after about 10 min. Everything is out of place and I can't click on anything.. Once I try to click on something it freezes. Is there any easy way to fix this? Yes, I trying out the new Ubuntu 8.10 version, burned a new CD.

I am an ubuntu enthusiast and would love ubuntu working on my comp. I recently installed it on diffrent computer runnung quad core. with 2 I believe 8800's. Ubuntu works ok. when I tried it yesterday, now I will install it there .

I used to try ubuntu about 2-3 years ago but I had far more bigger problems, same computer with same config., BIG improvement over the years.. I would love to be using my pc to what it's designed for, that is linux.

Anyone how to fix my problem? I would greatly appreciate the help guys.

Pumalite
December 22nd, 2008, 01:09 PM
What are the specs of your computer?

blockdude14
December 23rd, 2008, 12:52 AM
I am running/trying and/or dual boot Windows XP x64/Ubuntu 10.10 x64:

AMD Athlon 64 x2 dual core 3800+ 2.01GHZ
1GB RAM (soon upgrading to 4GB or 8GB)
ASus motherboard
BFG Geforce 7800GT OC SLI (1 card) (will be uprgraded, any suggestions welcome)
120GB HD
(forgot specs. on sound card)
Logitech Pro 4000 Web Camera
Logitech keyboard
Some cheap mouse...
LG monitor. LCD (1)
Optiquest Mon. CRT (2) (garbage will upgrade definetly)
Sony DVD CD/Drive
Microsoft Flight Sim. X and Saltek Pro (yoke, throttle, rudder peddals)

Pumalite
December 23rd, 2008, 01:35 AM
Dowload a new iso. Torrent is better. Do md5sum on the iso. Burn at 4x or less. Do not use CD-RW. Use the Alternate amd64 CD