PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Universal "Unanswered Posts"

jbrown96
December 22nd, 2008, 10:24 AM
I generally visit the forums every few days, and I'll post some answers to people's questions. I usually only bother to look at unanswered posts, because it seems like the first couple responses either answer the problem or the op doesn't stick around for an answer (happens a lot in the beginner forum). Consequently, I almost always use the "unanswered posts" filter. I really like this, and it works great in the Beginner forum because there are a lot of posts there.
The problem that I have is that there is no way to do this for all of the forums. There's the "new posts" option, but that doesn't help because there's lots of threads, especially the social ones, that are always on those lists.
Would it be possible to add a feature to be able to look at unanswered posts for all of the forums? I think that the way the forums are set up now encourages people, no matter their experience, to post in the beginner forum with stuff that is decidedly not beginner stuff, so there will be more people watching. I understand the argument for all the sub-forums in the General section, but it would be nice to be able to view all the unanswered posts at once.

hyper_ch
December 22nd, 2008, 11:42 AM
search --> advanced search --> find threads with at maximum 0 replies

jbrown96
December 24th, 2008, 08:26 PM
Thanks