PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] nautilus cd burner

meself
December 21st, 2008, 02:06 PM
hi. on Ubuntu 8.04.1, according to Synaptic Package Manager, the Nautilus CD burner is already installed. But I can not find it in my menus. I tried marking it for new installation and re-installing it. But still not showing up.

I am trying to burn a cd from an iso image. Braserio doesn't appear in the menu either but if I right click the file, I can bring up braserio. But the selections about burning a cd from an iso are unclear, so I wanted to try Nautilus.

Does anybody know how to maek the Nautilus CD burner program appear in the desktop menus or to get it to start?:confused:

albinootje
December 21st, 2008, 03:39 PM
Does anybody know how to maek the Nautilus CD burner program appear in the desktop menus or to get it to start?

Is it not under -> Places -> CD/DVD creator ?

My preferred burn-program is k3b, it's very good.

liniaal
December 21st, 2008, 07:24 PM
[COLOR="Indigo"][B]Nautilus CD burner

i use brasero. i think the nautilus 'cd burner' is not a apart program - it's built into nautilus. like windows xp (from xp1 or 2 or so) explorer can 'burn' cd's.

Kevbert
December 21st, 2008, 07:34 PM
To burn using Nautilus CD burner open up the file manager to browse a directory and right-click on the file and select Write to disk (this does not work with all files, but does work with ISO files).
The other way is to insert a blank CD in the drive, wait for the blank CD icon to appear on the desktop and then right-click on it and select Open with CD/DVD creator. You can then copy and paste the files to the window that appears.
There is no separate icon displayed for the Nautilus CD burner by default.