PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Partitioning with two hard drives

Evil Ninja
December 21st, 2008, 02:04 PM
Hey.

So, this is my first time installing an OS with two hard drives in the computer (or laptop in this case). I don't know how to partition them. I knew I would have to do it manually because of the two easy options, they would only reformat the hard drive that Ubuntu would be installed on. I need them both wiped clean.I managed to reformat and partition the main hard drive correctly. All the space I partitioned shows and such. When I was actually in Ubuntu however, the second hard drive never showed up.

So, anyone got some instruction on how to work this?

infamous-online
December 21st, 2008, 02:41 PM
I have to ask before I give you a solution, so are you trying to format both harddrives to use ubuntu? Or are you trying to use one for windows and the other for ubuntu?

logos34
December 21st, 2008, 04:31 PM
So, anyone got some instruction on how to work this?

Here you go:

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/InstallingANewHardDrive#Determine%20Drive%20Inform ation

Evil Ninja
December 21st, 2008, 07:07 PM
I have to ask before I give you a solution, so are you trying to format both harddrives to use ubuntu? Or are you trying to use one for windows and the other for ubuntu?

I'm just trying to have one HD used for Ubuntu, and the other empty for storage.

logos34
December 21st, 2008, 07:37 PM
I'm just trying to have one HD used for Ubuntu, and the other empty for storage.

the link I posted should have everything you need. Did you check it out?

Evil Ninja
December 21st, 2008, 07:43 PM
the link I posted should have everything you need. Did you check it out?

Indeed I did. It worked flawlessly. F'in amazing. Thanks. :) I was thinking I had to reinstall the OS.

logos34
December 21st, 2008, 08:53 PM
super. glad to here everything worked out

enjoy