PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] how to uninstall ubuntu????

pranavgoyal40341
December 21st, 2008, 01:11 PM
Can anyone please explain me the whole procedure to uninstall ubuntu 8.04
I m using side by side windows XPS..
please tell me...

overdrank
December 21st, 2008, 01:16 PM
Can anyone please explain me the whole procedure to uninstall ubuntu 8.04
I m using side by side windows XPS..
please tell me...

Hi and this can help (http://www.users.bigpond.net.au/hermanzone/p18.htm)

pranavgoyal40341
December 21st, 2008, 01:38 PM
it's too big to understand....actually i m a begginer of ubuntu..can anyone tell some easy way to uninstall it...

infamous-online
December 21st, 2008, 02:46 PM
Personally, I would never install the two on the same harddrive to avoid this conflict altogether. Actually the link that was provided seemed straight-forward, so perhaps you should take another look. ;)

caljohnsmith
December 21st, 2008, 03:16 PM
it's too big to understand....actually i m a begginer of ubuntu..can anyone tell some easy way to uninstall it...
In order to uninstall Ubuntu, the main thing is just to restore a Windows MBR (Master Boot Record) so that you can boot directly into Windows again. Once you can boot directly into Windows, you can use a partition editor to delete the Ubuntu partitions, or format them to use the Windows NTFS file system so you can use the partitions in Windows. To restore a Windows MBR, if you have your Windows Install CD, boot that, go to the "recovery console" and run:

fixmbr
Or if you don't have a Windows Install CD, you could boot your Ubuntu Live CD, open a terminal (Applications > Accessories > Terminal), and do:

sudo lilo -M /dev/sda mbr
And that will install a Windows equivalent MBR to your internal drive. Let me know how it goes.